Urgent contract opportunity working at a leading Insurer based in the City of London. You will be the main liaison for all finance related projects. To take the lead on all finance projects which fall outside of BAU, including improvements to the general ledger and close process. To undertake ad-hoc tasks as they arise and provide general support to the Head of Finance.
Some of your key duties will include:
- Lead the project to restructure the general ledger and enhance regular reporting capabilities
- Lead the review of the monthly close process including documentation of tasks and controls
- Lead the review of the use of spreadsheets throughout the finance team and implement enhanced organisation and controls
- Provide support to the Head of Finance and work with the finance managers on other finance projects as they arise
- Requirements gathering and documentation
You will need to be a qualified accountant with experience of working in the London Insurance market. It will be ideal if you have spent time working in the finance function with a strong understanding of the month end and controls process as well as being involved in process improvements and change. Please only apply if you have experience of working in Insurance and ideally the London Market.