IT Director - London
5 days left
IT Assurance Director - Financial Services Advisory
City of London
£140,000 - £160,000 plus car, pension and cashable extras
Client is a global professional services currently looking for a London-based Technology Assurance Director specialising in financial services advisory.
Organisations rely on controls to mitigate risk and ensure regulatory compliance. However, with increases in the scale and importance of regulation, complexity and significance of IT, and the profile that effective risk management has within organisations, managing risks and implementing robust controls to address those risks can be difficult.
As a Director in assurance, risk, audit & control, you have responsibility for:
Developing the market for technology risk services, across major corporate businesses
- Contributing to the development of the service by identifying & improving the value our services
- Attracting skilled individuals to the team and developing the skills within the digital risk team through mentorship and creating interesting opportunities on engagements that you manage.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Strong academics, including a minimum of 2.1 degree or equivalent.
- Practical external audit, internal audit, IT or risk management experience within a professional services firm or major financial services services institution.
- Experience of developing junior staff and mentoring team members.
- Deep Industry expertise in the UK financial services sector.
- Experience in one of the following areas: Internal Audit, Project Risk, Technology Risk
- Experience of managing large scale projects.
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver effectively with what can often be ambiguous requirements.
- Experience of building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Combination of being qualified or part-qualified in one or more of the following: ACCA/ACA/CISA/CISSP/ITIL/Prince2 or equivalent.
- Strong technical abilities in IT and audit methodologies, combined with strong business acumen..