Chief Information Officer
Role: Chief Information Officer
The deadline for all applications is noon Friday, 16th August.
For further information on the role or the application process, please visit: http://green-park-jobs.co.uk/hs2-cio
For any queries, please contact Ben Bond or Andrea Trainer at Green Park on 020 7399 3996.
As Chief Information Officer at HS2, you will have responsibility for Information Technology across the HS2 programme, driving productivity and innovation and working collaboratively with business leadership in order to provide optimised outcomes for the business and its partners. As a member of the HS2 Senior Leadership Team, the CIO is responsible for approximately 80 HS2 staff and a budget of c£35m, supporting an IT technical estate of 1,750 desktops, over 5,000 users (inc. PSC’s) across HS2 major office buildings, remote offices and construction sites and multiple mission critical business systems.
About the role:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of an innovative route-wide technology platform with associated information management strategy and processes to support HS2 in the development of the strategic direction and business priorities for the development of HS2’s business management and construction industry technology tools
- Leadership and management of current and new technology suppliers to HS2 Ltd to ensure there are appropriate systems to support the programme efficiently, effectively and ensuring value for money
- Maximising any technological investment and benefits, including reuse and sharing of components such as engineering systems, databases, web services, document management, other enterprise wide applications internally and with external partners through the creation of a fully integrated Business Systems Platform
- Leading the implementation and evolution of the HS2 IT strategy so as to support the company’s mission and core objectives and align the strategy to wider Government strategies including the agreed Cabinet Office and DfT direction of travel for HS2’s legacy contracts
- Leading our work with the rail and construction industry, the Cabinet Office, HM Treasury and the DfT in the delivery of appropriate technologies
- Influencing policy and strategies related to the underpinning digital, technology and information aspects of the HS2 programme with the Cabinet Office, HM Treasury, DfT, other government departments as well as the rail and construction industry, to ensure the exchange of best practice, develop cross-government and industry strategic direction particularly in relation to BIM, leading on the digital and technology elements, the move to commodity shared services and the development of Government as a Platform
- Management of technology staff setting clear delineation and priorities, supporting HS2 in ensuring that there is strategic coherence between technology and digital cross-cutting issues such as user needs and security
- Organisational design and leadership of the IT function’s recruitment, team management, development and mentoring of IT staff across the HS2 programme
- Ability to set a strategy, direction and convey a future vision at all levels of an organisation, and be considered a thought leader in the digital and technology sector
- Experience of practical exposure at a senior level in IT infrastructure, to strategically plan and develop project management, and policy development in public or private sector
- Experience of risk management with ability to understand and convey the impact of legislation related to digital and technology on the High Speed 2 programme, and actively promote compliance
- Digitally and technologically literacy and the ability to engage effectively with technical staff, suppliers and stakeholders to define the best approach to service design to achieve business and user objectives
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
We ask for a variety of detail in your online application, however we perform the first assessment of suitability for a role based solely on the information in your CV. Please attach an updated word version of your CV for each new application and include evidence directly related to the criteria in the job advert.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.