Our client is the leading company in Construction, they are looking to hire a Project Director for a very unique MOD Facility.
As a Project Director, your main accountabilities and responsibilities are as follows:
- Deliver the Power T&D business strategy especially in regard to securing work and achieving project outcomes.
- Manage commercial and business risks to achieve targets.
- Understand the relevant commercial terms and conditions for each project.
- Pro-actively manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectations.
- Collaborate relentlessly to ensure best opportunities for Power T&D are targeted and that the resources are utilised in the most efficient way.
- Show clear, visible felt leadership and display the right leadership behaviours.
- Develop and support the operational teams to be successful by talking positively, listening actively and encouraging constantly.
- Successfully implement the Gated Business Lifecycle at every opportunity.
- Work collaboratively with the Heads of Operations , ELT and other parts of the business to deliver Power T&D strategic objectives and enhance solid working relationships as one team across the business.
- Planning, controlling and managing the delivery of projects utilising the necessary resource and skills, within the agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality.
- Instill a strong safety culture and develop the capability of our project teams to take personal responsibility through strong visible leadership.
- Drive yourself and others to comply with all business policies, procedures and governance.
- Lead on developing a high performance culture of one team.
- Talk positively and listen actively across the business and the people within it.
- Project management of the tender process to deliver tenders successfully and encourage constantly seeking out talent for the future.
- Line management of the project teams to deliver projects successfully and encourage constantly seeking out talent for the future.
- Day to day management of client expectations whilst promoting the value we bring.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- Proven experience at senior management level and Project Director level.
- Sound track record of the management and the delivery of Power related schemes.
- Strong people management.
- Proven track record in tendering and managing complex projects, including sub-contractors.
- Commercial awareness with knowledge of both budgetary and financial control.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-functional teams towards solutions.
Please apply to this position for more information.