Global CFO - Marketing Tech
5 days left
Our client is a marketing technology group - an accelerator group investing in marketing technology businesses - seeking a Group CFO in a newly created role. This is a very exciting opportunity for a CFO / Finance Director.
The client is looking to put in place a UK based Group CFO with UK plc experience and who has a passion for China and the opportunities for trade between China and the West (current CEO is based in UK and a marcomms expert with UK plc experience, COO is Chinese national based in UK with banking/marcomms background). The Group CFO will play a key role with fund raising, investor relations, M&A activity, as well as the more routine reporting/forecasting etc. It is envisaged at this stage that this CFO role would be full-time.
Based on the foundations of two existing accelerator businesses, located in London and China which have already invested in over 100 early-revenue/start-up businesses, the group has ambitious plans - fund-raising, investing in businesses (China/Europe) growing to a value of £100m in relatively short term. China is a hugely important part of the project, capitalising on Chinese innovation and brands/businesses seeking to build in Europe/US etc.
Remuneration will be negotiable but will be commensurate with the role and experience required and of the candidate involved - we believe this should be £150k+.
On the assumption that the successful candidate with be able to handle the usual accounting technical matters - accounts prep, reporting, forecasting, cash management etc, the key attributes they're ideally looking for are:
- Uk plc experience (ideally media/marketing sector) and a strong consulting background (eg KPMG, EY etc)
- a desire to grow and take on a new challenge = acquire, build, integrate and grow a global group in tough economies
- someone who has "done" something very cool (e.g. a high profile deal, a restructure, fundraiser)
- someone who is able to "front" and lead negotiations with angel / VC /public investors
- maybe a extra academic certification eg LBS Corp finance or some other standout differentiating feature
- Plus.... must have a genuine connection/passion to or for China (eg travel, language, family, previous work etc), more than just an "interest"
If you tick these boxes then this could be a perfect job for you and we'd love to hear from you.
Please note that we are unable to reply personally to all applicants. Therefore, if you haven't heard from us within 5 working days of yoru application, then on this occasion, Please assume that your application has been unsuccessful/