Human Capital Partners are retained to conduct the search to identify and appoint the IT Director for an instantly recognisable multi-site business, head quartered in Central London. The IT Director will report to the CEO and will lead a team of 60 through 4 direct reports.
The business services 40 million customers a year through its 500 UK sites and generates revenues of around £250m. Their market is changing rapidly and as such technology does and will play a key part in the company's success. Therefore, a forward-thinking IT Director is required.
Initially the role will focus on implementing the existing strategy, in particular ensuring the efficient delivery of the company app and datalake work. Following successful delivery of these key projects you will design and deliver the companies longer term road map. With the technology roadmap requiring complex software development the successful candidate will require strong project management and influencing skills.
Areas of responsibility include the overall planning, organising, and execution of all technology functions. This includes directing all technology operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing infrastructure, applications, and development of new technical solutions and being accountable for managing the entire portfolio of infrastructure projects pipeline.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pioneers, owns, leads, and provides technical expertise for multiple application technologies that span all operating areas and impact software, data, network/communication, and computing platform technologies as well as equipment used in the operations.
- Act as lead technology partner with the business for tactical and long term road-mapping, impact assessment, and change management.
- Develop facility-specific IT operations policies and approaches for computing and information technology.
- Educate the leadership team how the strategic technology direction will impact the Company, and how future and current systems can best be optimised for the Organisation's benefit.
- Facilitate communication between management, vendors, and other technology resources.
- Initiate oversee and be accountable for project management across the Company.
- Develop and maintain the approved annual operations and capital budgets for the technology infrastructure.
- Coordinate with various teams to ensure that all information systems and networks operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies, and legal requirements. including governance requirements that result from being part of a listed entity on the Tokyo stock exchange (eg JSOX compliance).
- Ensure that all initiatives in the IT and Project portfolio have clear business goals and success metrics where appropriate.
- Coordinate with IT infrastructure support teams to maintain a stable environment, including network, desktops, telecommunications and servers.
- Coordinate the resolution of complex problems related to parking equipment and business applications and workflows.
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience, along with advanced technical or managerial credentials, including PMP, CISM, preferred.
- Ten or more years of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-site environment.
- Strong experience of facilitating large volumes of payment processing.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the Executive Management Team of an organisation, and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Strong project management, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.