Car Allowance (£500-700pm)
Bonus & Corporate Benefits
Techniche Global are supporting a large manufacturing business in appointing a new Financial Director at their UK HQ on the outskirts of Southampton.
This is a £20m turnover technology, engineering and manufacturing company that has operations across the UK with distribution networks globally.
The appointment will ultimately take a directorship (following probation period) and will cover all financial functions as well as overseeing additional areas of responsibility such as IT, purchasing, inventory/stock & legal.
In addition to the day to day finance duties, the ultimate expectation of this role is to proactively contribute to the ongoing development, growth and bench-marking of the organisation. By way of market comparison, competitor analysis, investment opportunities, cost saving proposals etc. It is essential that candidates have the ability to autonomously propose and present development strategies for improvement of the business to the other members of the board.
The Role & Experience Required:
- Previous experience as a Finance Director for an SME private limited company.
- Manufacturing industry experience.
- Personnel management within both finance and other business operational areas (circa 20 staff)
- Experience in all elements of day to day financial accountability:
- Managing a busy financial
- Working capital
- Long term funding
- Asset finance
- Invoice discounting
- Exchange rates
- Corporate financial accountability:
- Management Accounts, detailed board level presentation and structure
- M&A (Merger & Acquisition) experience
- Budget setting, cash flow forecasting
- SME Growth strategies
- Responsibility for Statutory Accounts, liaison with auditors, corporation tax, patents, R&D claims, VAT etc
- All aspects of Insurance, lease schemes
- Responsibility for related areas of the business
- Inventory & Stock departments
- Purchasing, suppliers
- Solicitors, legal protection & suppliers
- IT Strategy & ongoing management
- Employment Law
- Payroll (external)
- Pension Schemes & other benefits providers (Healthcare, life assurance)