Who we are:
Verisart is a VC funded digital certification platform targeting the arts and collectibles market. Verisart provides verifiable evidentiary infrastructure to generate Certificates of Authenticity posted to the Bitcoin blockchain, leveraging the distributed ledger to provide immutable records of provenance corresponding to a physical asset. For more information, please visit our website: https://verisart.com
What we're looking for:
We're currently seeking a CTO to take the lead in the technical development of the Verisart platform, joining our rapidly growing team in the heart of Mayfair, London. You will be responsible for creating a development culture of best practice, with a start-up mentality of moving fast and breaking things.
Leading the architectural design of the Verisart platform and working closely with the CEO to align the platform's development with the market need. You'll be comfortable applying testing principles to improve product robustness and co-ordinating ongoing refactoring and improvement of the Verisart codebase. You will be able to work within an agile methodology, driven by weekly sprints and be able to attract outstanding talent to join the team.
You will be managing the whole of the technology team, making sure tickets are cleared properly, defining done, making sure a clear branching strategy is followed, leading the high level architecture, responsible for making sure there is delivery on short, medium and long term tech + product road map, mentoring junior developers and leading the technology strategy alongside the head of engineering
Minimum qualifications, experience and skills:
- Commercial experience building and scaling a technology start up
- Expertise in creating high performing teams with exceptional delivery track records
- An understanding and appreciation for every team being different and all individuals within that team are different once again - LEAN, Scrum, Scrumban, Kanban etc. experience would all be advantageous - mindset and delivery over excess process approach.
- Strong technical documentation track record
- Ability to talk explain technical requirements to non technical people and vice versa in a clear and concise manner
- Able to instill best practice development ethos
- Passionate about TDD and unit testing
- Passionate about Verisart mission and societal transformative potential of blockchain technology
Desired qualifications, experience and skills:
- Any experience with Bitcoin Blockchain or creating Solidity smart contracts
- Experience designing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience in designing databases and technical architecture
- Experience designing and implementing microservices architecture
- Experience with Heroku, AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience and understanding of DevOps best practices and technologies. Expertise with Docker
- Passionate about new technological developments within the industry
- Happy to speak at events and push Verisart further out into the open source tech community
- Any experience of founding a tech start-up, leading a tech start-up through multiple funding rounds would be advantageous
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options with opportunity to shape the use of blockchain technology for the art & collectibles market.
- Beautiful, bright workspace in Mayfair, London with good transport links
- Immediate start date