Chief Technology Officer
5 days left
Placecloud, the home of place-specific podcasts, has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Technology Officer to join the team based in London.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack engineer to be our Chief Technology Officer and help us build Placecloud from the ground up. Someone who is first and foremost passionate about coding but also truly motivated by our mission to reveal the significance of the everyday places that surround us.
About the Company:
Placecloud will empower 5 million cultural experts to reveal the significance of the seemingly anonymous & everyday places that surround us, so that our users can have a more meaningful relationship with the world as they move through it - actually and virtually, near and far.
Cultural experts use Placecloud to tell place-specific stories ("placecasts") and embed them at places in the real and virtual worlds, accessible via smartphone or other VR/AR hardware. In effect, Placecloud augments reality with original cultural knowledge, enabling a new marketplace - AR/VR Cultural Tourism.
About the role:
- Designing, developing and maintaining our apps, backend services and infrastructure
- Attracting the best talent by always choosing the best technology for the problems we're solving
- Respecting the privacy of our users by building code that supports data privacy, continuous integration and deployment, self-healing servers and secure-by-design systems
- Championing good testing practice and keeping hold of the team's excellence as we grow
- Helping us grow the team with your knowledge of how to make great hires and help others learn
- Fostering a respectful but challenging environment centered around a passion for software engineering and a curiosity that drives you and your team to dig deep into problems and their solutions
We're not dogmatic about our technical choices, and try to use the best tools we can for the constraints of the problem we're trying to solve. That said, Placecloud will be deeply integrated with the Google Maps API.
Experience working with the following is a bonus:
- Google Maps API
- Virtual Reality technologies
- Augmented Reality technologies
Whether you have experience in one or several of the above, we care most about your experience in building consumer applications, your hunger to code, and your determination to bring an awesome product to market!
Why join us?
- Have a strong influence - you'll be our lead engineering hire, we want your personality and vision to shape our technology, culture and direction
- Positive human impact - know that your work has the potential to radically deepen the relationship thousands and thousands of people have with their surroundings
- Truly user-centered tech - rapid testing with real users is a vital part of how we want to work. You'll be able to show that the product really serves the user
- Be at the cutting edge - Placecloud aims to take a central place in the approaching AR/VR revolution
- Reward - competitive salary / equity package
- Kit - choose your equipment
- Team - regular events
- Your wellbeing - regular time off for personal development (cultural or otherwise)
Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous experience and job titles including; Chief Technology Officer, Full Stack Developer, AR, Augmented Reality, VR, Virtual Reality, Google Maps API, Lead Developer, Senior Full Stack Developer, may also be considered for this role.