Chief Executive Officer
Since its launch in 1994, Merseyside Special Investment Fund (MSIF) has established itself as a leading provider of debt and equity finance to aspiring entrepreneurial businesses in the Liverpool City Region and beyond.
During that time, it has backed more than 2,180 businesses, created/preserved 15,350 jobs and attracted £307m in private sector investment.
With £55m currently available to invest (including c£27m on its own balance sheet), it is now seeking to appoint a dynamic, high calibre Chief Executive Officer who has the vision, ambition and leadership skills to ensure the organisation fulfils its long term potential.
This is therefore a key appointment requiring an individual who can quickly embrace an organisation that operates within an evolving marketplace, bringing real strategic and operational flair to best position it for future success.
This is an exciting, broad ranging and challenging role for an exceptional leader to help grow MSIF and its investment and fund management capability. Leveraging MSIF’s current strengths and positioning, the role will include significant strategic input, including innovating and implementing requisite change to maximise future market opportunities.
With an ambition for excellence, the incoming CEO will promote a proactive and dynamic culture, and ensure the significant potential of the organisation is fully realised.
As the CEO of the MSIF Fund Management business, reporting to Non- Executive Chair and Board of Directors, areas of responsibility include:
- Leading the long term strategic growth and development of the business
- Championing MSIF in the market as an ambassador and respected business leader
- Leading, growing and developing a talented team, always embracing the values of integrity, trust and doing business in the right way
- Overseeing and being accountable for investment of existing funds and quality fund management
- Demonstrating leadership in raising new funds
- Overall responsibility for managing the business in the interests of all stakeholders, recognising the importance of operating best practice in terms of conduct, risk management and FCA compliance
- A strong and accountable leader- someone who can inspire others and lead from the front.
- A genuine team player – low ego/high capability.
- Ambitious for excellence with high levels of personal drive and professionalism
- Able to operate at both a strategic and detailed level
- Proactive, positive and decisive
- Demonstrable ability to build effective relationships and influence positively - in the team, with the Liverpool City Region community and wider, and with investee businesses
- An individual with a strong affinity to MSIF’s values, and the history underpinning the organisation’s activities in the Liverpool City Region and beyond.
- An appreciation of the private and public stakeholders linked to MSIF, and a recognition and respect for the support they provide.
- Investment experience either as a principal or adviser is essential – need to be deal savvy around debt, mezzanine and equity transactions
- Demonstrated ability to raise funds would be advantageous but is not essential – a demonstrated ambition to grow the business and funding capability is key.