Procurement Manager - Indirects (Logistics / FM / Prof Services)
A great opportunity to take ownership of a substantial spend of a leading UK business which is part of a retail conglomerate. This broad category role with spend spread across logistics, prof services and FM.
My client is leading retail and wholesale business that works international. A fast paced environment where you are working with established industry leaders. In addition, you will working alongside what is considered a best in class procurement function across the UK and globally.
The key responsibilities of the Procurement Manager - Indirect are:
- Takes a lead role with stakeholders (functional, procurement and supplier), defines and implements effective procurement strategies to deliver a programme of transformation and risk mitigation; obtaining buy-in at each necessary step of the process
- Ensures value for money by constantly challenging the balance between cost and service
- Routinely shares best practices and learning across categories, geographies and teams
- Leads an appropriate sourcing process (including planning, defining business needs, assessing supply market, defining strategy, execution, supplier selection and contracting) that delivers the right level of service and commercial outcomes
- Supports business in ensuring suppliers priorities and capacities are aligned, identifies options, risks and mitigation's
- Secures formal stakeholder approvals for supplier selection recommendation's as required
- Leverages changes in supply market and demand conditions to deliver innovative services and commercial solutions
- Identifies and implements opportunities to improve service and reduce costs by challenging and continuously improving the what, how, when, where and why goods and services are purchased
- Oversees contracts to ensure all obligations are fulfilled, risks are mitigated and contracts remain valid throughout their life cycle. Holds internal organisation and suppliers to account for their actions
- Defines and executes a contract management programme (including continuous improvement, variance management, contract compliance and governance) for nominated suppliers to ensure that the appropriate value is secured from contracts
- Subject matter experts in procurement strategy development, sourcing, procurement-led change and contract management
- Able to navigate procurement across an international & multi-site operations
- Drives procurement-led change through their own initiative
- Utilising market and business intelligence, shapes the strategic category agenda whilst also delivering on their initiative plans
- Expert in negotiation; ensuring the effective conclusion of commercial and service arrangements that meet the needs of the business
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial contracts, and is able to construct and conclude (with the aid of Legal team) commercial contracts that capture commercial and service requirements and mitigate against risk.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly to all levels of the organisation in both written and verbal form
The successful Procurement Manager will demonstrate the following:
- Expertise in each aspect of the procurement life cycle and professional procurement best practices
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of sourcing principles and process
- Excellent relationship management skills
An excellent opportunity to join an established business with a best in class procurement function that develops and trusts in its people.