Finance Director - premium manufacturing business
Chester/North Wales Border
Greenfield Technologies is a privately-owned manufacturing business with subsidiaries specialising primarily in the automotive, oil & gas and petro/chemical process industries. The Swiss-owned group is UK-based with both existing and planned overseas subsidiaries. Offering solid financial credentials, and a successful track record established over the last 70 years, Elmac Technologies and KnitMesh Technologies operate globally with a blue-chip customer base. A recent restructuring and re-financing initiative will facilitate international expansion and a continued and rapid increase in both sales and profits.
Reporting to the Managing Director and leading the accounts team you will be responsible for:
- The financial aspects of the 3-year strategic business plan and annual budgets.
- Preparation and analysis of the monthly Management Accounts and KPIs
- Review and implementation of appropriate financial control policies and procedures
- Cash flow management and relationships with banks and other capital providers
- Statutory reporting, regulatory compliance and relationships with key financial advisors
- Tax planning and financial risk management eg. Forex hedging and trading terms etc.
- Administration of the company’s payroll and pension scheme
- The IT function including effective use of the Syspro ERP and CRM systems.
- Regular interaction re commercial terms with key customers and suppliers
- Willingness to get involved at an operational / hands-on level when necessary
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with significant relevant experience
- Experience of an international, multi-site and/or manufacturing environment an advantage
- An understanding of product costing and pricing in a multi-currency environment.
- Commercially astute with ability to operate proactively and at a strategic level
- Strong IT skills and experience of a modern ERP system
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
- Ability to build a high-performance team and a real desire to influence change
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and excellent communication skills
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Salary - £85k package including high basic + bonus scheme
- Fully-expensed car or car allowance
- Enhanced Contributory Pension, Life Assurance and Medical Insurance cover
- 25 days annual holiday