Group Finance Director
We're working with a US owned manufacturing giant based outside of Ashton-under-Lyne who are on the hunt for a commercially focussed Group Finance Director to take control of their European entities. My client is a world leader in the manufacture and development of pharmaceuticals, and associated equipment. Listed on the New York Stock Exchange with a combined global turnover of $1.5bn this organisation is a key player in the industry, and is growing rapidly around the globe both organically and through M&A.
The Group Finance Director will be the number 1 in finance for Europe. Reporting into a regional CEO and to the US based CFO this a crucial member of the European Senior Management Board. You will be key to driving the profitability and growth of the business through providing sound financial, strategic and commercial advice.
Duties will include:
- Sit on the Senior Management Board, giving sound financial advice based on accurate financial models (What if scenario modelling etc)
- Overall responsibility for a number of talented Regional Financial Controllers along with their associated teams
- Lead the European month-end close process ensuring results are delivered in line with agreed timeframes and the process is well controlled and efficient
- Monitor the European balance sheet through monthly submissions KPIs and quarterly reviews with the CEO and CFO
- Manage the external and internal audit process ensuring work is appropriately planned and delivered on a timely basis
- To ensure key controls are operating effectively across our finance processes, in particular ensuring the integrity of reporting across our complex system landscape
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the financial control environment
- Lead the implementation of business simplification and continuous improvement
- Ensure compliance with UK, French and US regulation and reporting, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- To provide detailed analysis to the CEO and CFO of the risks and opportunities present within the balance sheet
- Support the business in understanding the systems and accounting for projects
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Fully Qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA Accountant from a manufacturing / engineering background. Pharma experience preferable however not essential.
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and an influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Can demonstrate experience of strong control environments, such as Sarbanes Oxley (SOX).
- Excellent MS Excel skills, with the ability to produce financial models.
- SAP experience would be beneficial.
- Analytical thinking and curiosity.
- Enthusiastic with a can do attitude.
Benefits to include:
- £85,000 - £95,000 basic salary (negotiable)
- Discretionary bonus
- 33 days annual leave (inc Bank Holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Private Pension up to 7%
- A degree of flexible working as required