Head of Finance
Our client is a specialist sports organisation, offering its members a vast range of information and advice as well as significant member benefits and discounts.
The Head of Finance will directly support and assist the CEO and Senior Management Team with all aspects of decision making, ensuring that all company activities are robust, from both a financial and commercial perspective. The role will take responsibility for all aspects of finance, preparing the necessary commercial and financial reports for the business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the annual budget, taking into account current strategic objectives
- Preparation of regular cashflow statements, recommending controls and actions as required
- Overall responsibility for payroll and other areas such as VAT and industry related requirements
- Management of FX exposure including appropriate hedging or other instruments
- Responsibility for the financial statutory accounts and final management accounts, shareholder reporting, audit, corporation tax and other HMRC processes and payments
- Ensure the all company entities adhere to financial and legal responsibilities
- Company Secretarial duties such as Annual Report and Accounts, AGM, Companies House filings, management of statutory records, etc.
- Management of the day to day relationship with the external investment manager
- Management of the finance team
- Manage and develop the financial control practices and policies
- Manage relationship with the bank and foreign currency providers
- Any other responsibilities that the company may require at a level of responsibility consistent with the above duties
Required Skills, Qualities and Attributes:
- Fully qualified Accountant with experience of working as a Head of Finance/Financial Controller
- Working as a key member in a small, dynamic and hands-on team
- Commercial focus, developing and supporting business plans and growth initiatives
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Strong communications skills – written and verbal
- Enthusiasm and passionate about developing businesses and improving processes and reporting
- Ability to maintain and develop strong business relationships with key external and internal contributors including colleagues from other departments, external advisers and 3rd parties
- Development of business cases and review of M&A opportunities
- Collaborative leadership skills with the ability to demonstrate motivation and self-management and with strong team-work skills
- Able to establish strong credibility and inspire confidence with colleagues and external clients
- Customer-focused approach to providing a finance service
- Thrives on change and understands how to manage a team through a period of change
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, quoting reference LJ50583.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.