Finance Business Partner - Manager
Our client has developed state of the art technology within the field of urban mobility. With an established product offering, the group has secured significant investment already and is poised to launch a number of new services. An extremely accomplished management team is now in the process of building out a number of key positions that will be instrumental to the next phase of growth.
A key member of the Finance team, the Finance Business Partner Manager will play a crucial role supporting senior budget holders in the London office and our expanding European operations and will report directly to the EMEA Director of Finance.
Specific duties of the role will include:
- Establish Finance Business Partnering within the business, acting as the primary finance interface supporting managers across the business to:
- Build their budgets and forecasts
- Spend wisely and effectively, as the business expands operations
- Review monthly cost centre reports and agree appropriate actions to address variances
- Understand business drivers, develop financial KPIs and dashboards for each department and establish regular reporting
- Develop robust financial business cases for projects
- Being the finance lead as the business rolls-out into new countries, co-ordinating across the finance team to address the financial considerations in each location
- Building the Finance Business Partnering team to meet the needs of the business
- Supporting the EMEA Director of Finance on ad hoc projects and initiatives, as required
- Supporting the Accounting Team with the provision of accurate accounting estimates
In order to be successful in the role, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Ability to be a real team player, working collaboratively with non-finance managers to develop their areas
- Commercially acumen, with a focus on adding value
- Influencing skills and the experience to challenge the business on financial plans and initiatives
- Ability to build, develop and motivate a team
- Qualified Accountant with PQE experience in Business Partnering, either already operating as a manager or with the ability and ambition to step up and create a new Business Partnering team
Requisite Personal Qualities:
- Self starter with the ability to work alone to complete assignments/projects
- Resilient and confident, with a positive ‘can do’ approach
- Inquisitive with strong analytical skills to provide real insight into results, forecasts and projects
- Strong oral and written communication, comfortable presenting at the highest levels
- Attention to detail with a ‘right first time’ attitude
- Ability to organise/prioritise workloads and achieve deadlines
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button quoting reference JD50406.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.
Apply for Finance Business Partner - Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly