VP Finance / Finance Director
Our client is a high growth investment company that provides alternative capital solutions to a diversified range of profitable and long-established businesses in Europe and abroad.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Finance to build and lead the finance department, based in Central London. Reporting to the CEO, with direct supervision by the Executive Director in London, the position will be responsible for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the Company.
Specifically, the responsibilities will include:
- Development of accounting systems and policies based on best practices and lead the end-to-end accounting, including accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
- Oversee the preparation of the Company's monthly, semi-annual and annual financial statements, including consolidation of subsidiaries into the parent company
- Ensure all financial regulatory reporting and procedures are in accordance with requirements set forth by the Alternative Investment Market and other applicable regulatory bodies.
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Oversee the annual audit of the Company’s financial statements
- Develop and manage the Company’s operational and financial plans
- Support new investment opportunities and participate in the due diligence process as needed by the Investment Team
- Work closely with the Investment Team to update valuation models and metrics for portfolio investments
- Manage relationships with external service providers including bankers, auditors and administrators.
- Ensure all tax filings are prepared and submitted on a timely basis to regulatory authorities
- Assist the management team with the preparation of board and committee meeting materials
- Support management team with investor relations and fundraising activities
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with significant experience gained within a senior financial leadership role, ideally within a listed financial services group. In depth knowledge of IFRS, including IFRS 9, would be preferred, and you will need to be comfortable operating at both strategic and operational levels in a small and entrepreneurial environment. Key to this appointment will be the candidates’ ability to demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to communicate at all levels.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, quoting reference MR50578.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.