Head of Consumer Compliance Energy
Reporting directly into the Group Regulation and Compliance Director and responsible for a team across multiple sites, this multifaceted role is an opportunity to make a real impact on the business. You will be afforded autonomy over the development and delivery of strategy to ensure a consistent and risk-based compliance framework is adopted across the retail businesses.
This Head of Consumer Compliance role sits in an energy Group and is based in Northampton, the Group is made up of both upstream and downstream enterprises. You will head up compliance for the Retail business, relevant regulatory experience is required, full knowledge of Ofgem regulatory landscape essential.
This Head of Consumer Compliance role sits in an energy Group and is based in Northampton, it involves:
- Lead development/delivery of energy retail market regulatory compliance strategy for Group
- Oversee delivery of consistent advice, guidance, training and assurance on existing and forthcoming obligations under the energy regulatory framework to Senior Management
- Assess existing and forthcoming energy regulatory compliance obligations to determine and co-ordinate appropriate mitigation actions across the retail businesses
- Ensure the retail businesses operate a consistent compliance framework in line with risk appetite
- Oversee development of responses to retail compliance related investigations, RFIs and regulatory reporting
- Proactively inform, develop and promote energy regulatory compliance initiatives
- Represent retail interests at external events and with relevant external bodies
This Head of Consumer Compliance role sits in an energy Group and is based in Northampton, it requires
This role would suit a candidate operating in a 'Head of Compliance or Compliance Manager role in a consumer facing energy business.
- Compliance experience gained in a consumer facing energy business
- Full knowledge of the relevant regulatory landscape, up to date with Ofgem regulations
- Extensive relevant experience operating at Senior Management level
- Likely to have been a senior leader within an energy company with a significant retail offer (or similarly regulated business
- Detailed knowledge of electricity retail regulation, standards and industry codes
- Working knowledge of the smart meter implementation programme and the implications for suppliers
- Experience of leading diverse teams of specialists
- Autonomous worker willing to take responsibility for their own decisions and challenge the senior management team as a champion for customers' interests
- Able to communicate complex issues simply and concisely, both verbally and written
- Proven negotiating and influencing skills