Head of Finance
- Operational leader of the finance function
- Member of the Strategy Leadership Group supporting development of delivery plans
About Our Client
Zoological Society of London is an international conservation charity with income in excess of.£70m per annum and c.1,000 employees globally, their vision is a world where wildlife thrives.
Zoological Society of London are working every day to achieve this, through their science, their field conservation around the world and engaging millions of people through their two Zoos, ZSL London and ZSL Whipsnade Zoos. Zoological Society of London's desired outcome is to bring the most threatened species back from the brink of extinction, ensure the health of wildlife, improve the health of people and the environment and create sustainable relationships between people and wildlife - in their Zoos and in the world.
As Head of Finance you will provide operational leadership to the finance team in the UK and the overseas offices, ensuring they provide a high quality financial service across all areas of activity and support the CFO on strategic matters.
You will engage with senior colleagues to deliver a finance strategy that supports the organisational strategy, provides strong business partnership, robust and efficient budgeting, forecasting and long-range financial projections and performs an efficient processing function.
You will be a key member of the Strategy Leadership Group working with your peers across the organisation to support the Executive Committee with the development of strategic delivery plans.
As the operational leader of the finance function you will lead on the following exciting projects:
- The completion of the transformation of financial management across the organisation.
- The development and delivery of the long range financial strategy and financial projections that support the Society's new 10 year strategy.
- The development of new financial performance reporting to monitor how the organisation achieves financial plans.
The successful applicant:
- Qualified Accountant with significant post qualification experience at Head of Department level or higher and a proven track record of successful leadership at senior management level
- Excellent leadership skills to undertake a complex senior role in a large international organisation
- Substantial experience of charity financial management and overseas financial management gained in a finance leadership role
- Knowledge of leading a large finance team in a large complex organisation, with specific experience of leading the annual budget development process, long range financial planning, management accounts provision and performance reporting
- Sound knowledge of relevant legal, contractual and funding issues
- A practical understanding of voluntary sector working and leading change projects would be desirable
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships and collaborate with a wide range of people including Heads of Department, the Strategic Leadership Group, Executive Committee and Trustees
What's on Offer
£80,000 - £85,000 9 month FTC.
Potential to move to a permanent contract.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14025357Z