- Newly Created Role in Rapidly Growing Business in Central Cambridge
- Broad & Varied Role with International Exposure
About Our Client
Based in Cambridge Wren Therapeutics, founded in 2016, is a spin-off company from the University of Cambridge (UK) and Lund University (Sweden). The company is based at the University of Cambridge, in the recently opened Chemistry of Health Centre, and is focused on drug discovery and development for protein misfolding diseases
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving Cambridge Based SME. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of Finance within the business, including maintaining awareness and keeping up to date with any changes that might affect the company.
The ideal person for this role will have a strong sense of commercial awareness. As Number 1 in Finance, you will work closely with the CEO on business strategy.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing a best-in-class finance function, including budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, tax, treasury, working capital management, cash-flow forecasting, supplier negotiations and payments, management of the audit process
- Implementing best-in-class financial systems and processes to support the operational and strategic development of the business
- Ensuring appropriate levels of internal controls, financial reporting, policies and procedures, and compliance with local statutory requirements
- Managing day-to-day finance operations, including overseeing and working with Wren's external accountants
- Leading financial reporting for external collaborations entered into
- Designing appropriate operating metrics, and preparing and presenting financial results to the Executive Team and Board
- Assessing and establishing the optimum corporate and financial structure for the company, including in relation to tax planning
- Establishing a US corporate entity and related financing activities and capabilities to enable the establishment of a US-based office
- Being an active business partner to the CEO and Wren Executive Team, providing financial insight and contributing to the development of overall company strategy and execution
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's higher degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related discipline
- Qualified chartered accountant
- Extensive experience in financial, accounting and operational management with increasing levels of responsibility. Experience in a biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry desired
- Demonstrated success collaborating with stakeholders in Finance, Legal, Tax and Scientific functions and an ability to continuously improve processes and capabilities
- Experience in establishing operating metrics and reporting capabilities
- Experience of interacting with auditors, business advisors and executive management teams
- Strong management, interpersonal and analytical skills
What's on Offer
The Financial Controller role at Wren Therapeutics will offer direct exposure to a strong Chief Executive Officer and Executive Team, the opportunity to work for a growing and successful business in the Biotech industry, and a generous salary and benefits package.
If you meet the above criteria and would be interested in working for Wren Therapeutics, then please click apply.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14027759Z
Apply for Finance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly