Head of Finance
- Vibrant, creative, brand design agency with a diverse client portfolio
- Looking for a commercially minded Head of Finance to lead the finance team
About Our Client
Michael Page is working in partnership and exclusively with Taxi Studio, based in Bristol, the Brand Design Agency with a fervent belief that Courage and Collaboration deliver true success. They call this Fearless Creativity and it drives everything they do.
People go to Taxi Studio with awesome creative instincts and an enthusiasm to embrace what they are all about. They leave with a brilliant experience; confident in the knowledge they've grown ten feet taller and been part of a special culture.
The Head of Finance will report directly to the Managing Director acting as the key finance leader for the business, reporting accurate results and providing financial insight to the leadership team. In return the Managing Director will provide coaching and mentoring to ensure continuous learning and development.
As the Head of Finance, you're ultimately responsible for the planning and accuracy of all aspects of the financial management:
- Leading the annual budgeting and forecasting of the agency and reporting on financial performance versus budget;
- Making recommendations to The Management team on how financial performance could be improved;
- Providing financial clarity and analysis in a straightforward, positive and enabling way, to support operational and strategic decision-making;
- Supporting the preparation of the annual statutory accounts as the key financial contact, and ensuring the business has up to date, complete and accurate accounting records throughout the year;
- Ensuring that company financial systems are robust and support current activities and future growth;
- Managing internal controls to minimise risk and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and reporting requirements;
- Liaising with external accountants, bankers and HMRC;
- Management of budgets - including external accountant expenditure and IT spend;
- Line Management and mentorship of the finance team;
- The timely and accurate preparation and submission of monthly management account packs to the Board and Management team;
- The working capital and supporting cash-flow management by providing regular reports and forecasts;
- The cash position and foreign exchange rise;
- Contributing to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers;
- Supporting and educating colleagues on financial performance and providing clear insight and direction on drivers of profitability;
- Driving margin improvement across the business on a project, client and business-wide basis;
- Evaluating business opportunities, conflict and investment decisions to ensure we create growth in the right areas;
- Establishing client rates and commercial agreements along with procurement team negotiations;
- Whilst not a pre-requisite, experience in leading the commercial responses and contract negotiations for new business and client opportunities would be beneficial.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA finance professional with experience working in an SME environment. A strong, hands-on leader with excellent core accounting skills and the ability to think strategically and commercially are essential. The ability to evaluate complex contracts would be beneficial and a media/agency background is desirable but not essential. Culture fit is key at Taxi Studio, they believe in real relationships, fairness and fearlessness. Team work is at the heart of everything they do, therefore it is critical to have a collaborative and supportive mind-set and an enthusiastic and passionate attitude. This is a leadership role so you will be expected to be a role model, empathetic and take accountability.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- 23 days holiday (which increases with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days), plus bank holidays, your birthday off, and a Christmas shut down period
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14027100Z
Apply for Head of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly