DV Cleared Head Of Engineering
The Head of Engineering is responsible, to the Programme Manager, for all engineering deliverables to meet the prescribed outcomes of the Programme. The post will lead, prioritise and manage the output team of 150+ client-side engineers and the external work packages deliver the necessary outputs.
The key activities are:
* Manage all Engineering team functions ensuring all milestones and dependencies are met.
* Determine engineering priorities in order to meet the Programme Managers desired end state, ultimately contributing to the realisation of the MGBC benefits.
* Maintain a solution roadmap for initial delivery of the product family and subsequent managed evolution.
* Manage all engineering risks, issues, assumptions, dependencies and opportunities.
* Manage the engineering resource profile.
* Translate Project Mandates, programme vision and stakeholder input into identifiable and achievable engineering outputs.
* Delivery an engineering plan to meet programme outcomes.
* Manage the development of work packages to be passed to industry partner and verify end products/services.
* Estimate and track capital and operational costs, ensuring they are aligned to programme budgetary planning and approvals.
* Ensure Engineering operate within the NSOIT(D) Target Operating Model, working collaboratively with Service Management, Test and Trials, Requirements, Training and other stakeholders.
* Liaise with to ensure the solution roadmap adheres to proposed architectures and supports future development.
* Provide regular updates and reports to the Programme Manager and external stakeholders - including conducting product demonstrations.
* Ensure appropriate engineering representation at programme boards (Capability Integration, Acceptance etc)
* Manage the continued evolution of the Engineering team to a SAFe4 construct.
If you are a DV Cleared Head Of Engineering interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.