Head of Market Performance, Data & Operations
7 days left
Stott & May (Professional Search Limited) have been retained and are working in partnership with a growing water and utilities company based in Southampton.
Job title: Head of Market Performance, Data & Operations
Reports to: Director of Market Performance
This post leads MOSL's work on the framework driving and enabling enhanced levels of trading party performance in the Non-Household water market for the benefit of end customers. This post also leads on the development and delivery of key market services, ensuring they are delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
The incumbent will be a subject matter expert on market codes relating to market performance and operational service and will support key relationships with Ofwat, Defra, the Market Arrangements Code Panel, its committees and trading parties.
Scope of job
The job-holder is responsible for the monitoring and analysing areas of potential risk to market operation and the performance of trading parties in addition to monitoring and reporting trading parties' performance including against the market standards.
The Head of Market Performance and Operations has responsibility for the line management of two Managers (who are in turn responsible for oversight of six Market Analysts). The role also has responsibility for the role of Data Scientist.
The job-holder is responsible for ensuring that our provision of services including financial settlement, market entry and assurance and disputes management are delivered in an efficient, timely and effective manner.
The role requires the job holder to work effectively with colleagues across MOSL, including the Senior Leadership Team and other Heads of roles within the MOSL. The role also requires close working with water companies, industry committees and regulators (particularly Ofwat).
Key accountabilities (operational, financial and people):
- Developing and implementing market-wide performance and operational plans;
- Monitoring and reporting on Trading Party compliance and performance;
- Delivery of suite of market-critical operational services to Trading Parties supplemented by a continuous improvement approach;
- Providing thought leadership and influence into the market to drive transparency, accountability and improvement in performance and outcomes;
- Representing MOSL at market, industry and wider forums and events;
- Representing MOLS on the Market Performance Committee; and
- Line management of Operations and Performance Managers and the Data Scientist role.
- An understanding of performance, compliance and risk management and their roles in driving improvement in regulated and/or non-regulated industries
- An understanding of market codes and governance principles
- Strategic planning and risk management
- First class communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative approach, able to; shape issues, influence and network
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- A track record of driving continuous improvement
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and have good commercial awareness
- Previous experience of using and analysing data to develop and deliver improvements and programmes within a large organisation, or industry/sector
- Experience in leading and optimising service provision incorporating continuous improvement methodologies would be desirable
- Previous experience in a leadership role, managing a team of managers
- Experience of engaging with senior leadership teams and industry bodies
- Experience in developing policy and strategy would be desirable
- Educated to degree level
If this is for you then please do get in touch by clicking on Apply.