2 days left
Our client is a is a versatile provider of industrial services to the process industry. From eight locations in Belgium and Netherlands they offer a broad service package: insulation, scaffolding, painting, tracing, asbestos removal, fire protection, noise control and rope access, working to the most stringent safety and quality standards. With an annual revenue of close to €300m. Strategic objectives to continuously optimise operational performance, expand its service portfolio and utilise market potential from client’s capex and opex budgets in the regions in the next few years. Increase cooperation with other entities in this region.
A challenging role for an experienced MD/CEO, working with an established management team to increase performance and bring the company culture closer to the Group and Regional standards.
Chief Executive Officer - Industrial Services - Rotterdam
To develop and deliver the company’s strategic plan in an effective manner whilst holding accountability for the overall performance of the company and for the day to day running and management of the company’s business. The CEO will work to achieve the performance standards in HSEQ, margin improvement and incremental organic growth leading the organisation in the following key activities:
- Health, Safety, Environment and Quality – year on year improvement in performance and culture.
- Build a business culture centred around safety being good business through personal commitment and leadership
- Ensure compliance is absolute with audits, improvement plans and controls in place.
- Active demonstration of values, compliance behaviours and Code of Conduct.
- Regular engagement with customers, developing a clear understanding of their issues and future needs.
- Ensure Operational Excellence programmes are applied in all areas of the business to improve customer delivery and operational efficiency.
- Ensure Group policies are effectively deployed and robust risk management processes are applied on all contracts in the business.
- Demonstrate active leadership for the Board and Senior management team.
- Develop a team of Directors and Senior Managers that consistently display the correct behaviours and competencies required to make the business a high performing and compliant operation.
- Work in partnership with the Business CFO.
- In conjunction with the Business CFO and Division Finance Director control and monitor the financial performance of the business.
- Generate accurate and timely reports, budgets and performance indicators at all levels of the business giving breadth and depth to the financial controls.
- Apply effective project management tools at tender, execution and performance review phases to identify, mitigate and eliminate contract risks.
- Margin improvement driven through improving efficiency across all areas of the business – operations, support and the supply chain;
- Deliver year on year turnover growth by retaining existing customers and generating new customers and products.
- Provide clear direction for growth – what services are provided, how we provide them and which sectors we work in.
- Sales planning to align potential sales with operational capability and ensure work is delivered at the right time with optimal resources.
- Senior Customer Relationship Management and across the NW Region.
- Create a communications and performance management culture built on regular open and honest dialogue.
- Drive improvements and adherence to high standards
- Implement policies to recruit, retain and develop key personnel at all levels of the business.
- Work with the local and Regional team to develop and implement a strategic workforce strategy.
- Build, develop and motivate the Board and Senior Management team.
- Actively sponsor talent and performance improvement programmes.
- Experience of operating at senior management level in an international Industrial/ Oil & Gas/ Engineering environment
- Relevant experience in delivery and process improvement in multiple location environment including project control and management processes.
- Experience in multinational environments
- Responsibility for P&L and risk management in a business with revenues in the range 200- 400m Euro.
- Experience in devising and implementing operational plans or strategy to support growth in a competitive market.
- Experience of selling change, influencing and gaining support from the management teams.
- Track record in new business development and growth.
Key Functional Competencies:
- Commercial Management of a Service Based business.
- Maximising margins in parallel with supply of a competitive and value enhancing commercial proposition to end customers.
- HSEQ Leadership and Empowerment.
- Demonstrable expectation on personal standards and compliance with procedures to meet leading safety and quality performance every day across all contracts.
- Development of Organisational Competence.
- Leading the development of key personnel and in the development of the organization competencies in the key areas required to excel as a service provider in our sectors.
- Identification and Sponsorship of Organic Growth
- Seeking out opportunities for revenue growth in a mature sell served market environment.
- Sponsor support for each opportunity internally and externally
- Educated to degree level.
- Relevant additional business oriented qualifications such as an MBA, HSEQ IOSH or national equivalents would be desirable
- The role will require regular travel across the region. Additionally meetings and conferences in Germany and the Northwest Europe Region will also feature 3- 4 times per year.
In the first instance please forward relevant CV’s by email including your current remuneration package quoting CEOB/159x/01 to Barnaby Stewart Senior Executive Search Ltd.
Unfortunately, due to our high number of applications we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear back within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume your application has been
Apply for CEO
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly