Head of Finance
5 days left
Head of Finance
This is an excellent opportunity for a Head of Finance to join the business as a senior member of the team, reporting to the CFO. You will be responsible for the delivery and performance of the finance function as the Business moves into an exciting phase of its evolution.
Why join us?
At Sir Robert McAlpine, we are celebrating our 150th anniversary - and the achievements of our people through the decades, right up to iconic modern landmarks like the Olympic Stadium, Eden Project and award-winning new Bloomberg building.
It’s also the perfect moment to look forward with excitement to the projects and opportunities ahead. By joining our family-owned business now, you can achieve more from your career by proudly building Britain’s future heritage with us.
The Head of Finance role
As the holder of the role you will be:
- Responsible for a wide variety of financial reporting, accounting, analysis, tax, treasury and pension tasks & duties that help ensure that the finance function can provide accurate and timely financial data required by senior management
- Work collaboratively alongside commercial, procurement and legal in supporting and advising the strategic and operational decision making through insights that drive better business performance
- Actively build and enhance the finance team to ensure it comprises the highest calibre of talent
- Advance the finance function through automation and implementing more effective systems
- Drive leading practice in processes and controls ensuring standardisation and simplification
- Support the business to ensure the delivery of best in class planning, reporting, financial controls and cash collection
- Drive a high-performance culture that inspires, encourages collaboration, mutual trust and empowers the team
- Qualified accountant with significant post qualification experience
- Experience within construction is desirable
- Extensive business partnering experience
- Comfortable with leading and inspiring change initiatives
- Energetic, engaging personality. Skilled at developing influential relationships across the organisation
- High EQ and gravitas to deal with the Senior Leadership Team and Executive Board
We’re ready to invest in you and your future, and offer wide-ranging, performance-related progression opportunities. Our competitive rewards packages feature flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities.
We’d love you to join us in proudly building Britain’s future heritage. Apply online now.
Sir Robert McAlpine is focused on being a truly inclusive employer.