5 days left
The Technical Manager oversees the development of the Brompton Bike Hire dock and electronics. In addition, the Technical Manager is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the docks to customers including pre-order technical support, site surveys, materials procurement, installation & post installation checks
The Brompton is acknowledged worldwide as the finest bike of its type and this excellence, combined with resurgence in cycling for transport means we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. If we are to continue to thrive, we need to recruit great people who can drive innovation of our products and the processes used to make them. We are proud of our bikes and enjoy using them. We export 80% of our production to 44 countries around the globe and intend to produce over 60,000 bikes this year but believe that we're just getting started.
Brompton Bicycle manufactures in its factory in West London a bike that is generally considered the best portable bike there is. The company is privately-owned, successful and profitable, and we have good relationships with our distributors and users.
The Technical Manager will be focussed on product development and the associated project management. He or she will operate within a technical and specialist area of the business.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop & deliver product strategy including dock hardware and lockers
- Delivery of projects on time, within scope & within budget
- Coordinate project activities with relevant partners
- Manage standard project deliverables including plan, risk, budgets etc.
- Carry out site surveys for new projects & liaise with customers accordingly
- Conduct post installation checks. Coordinating any rework with the supplier
- Maintain product pricing. Product cost control & maintaining price list
- Monitor the status & performance of the dock network to ensure optimum availability
- Ensure that repairs & maintenance of the docks are completed in a timely & cost effective manner
- Inventory control: Work with suppliers to ensure that there are sufficient materials available to deliver the sales pipeline
- Creating & maintaining technical documentation such as the dock technical manual, installation procedure etc.
- Technical liaison with customers, architects, planners etc. at the design stage
The Technical manager will be educated to degree level (or be qualified by experience) within a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Discipline. Degree education is preferable. He or she will have a proven track record of product development as well as excellent customer and internal stakeholder management skills. Further criteria will include, but not be limited to;
- Effective leadership, interpersonal & communication skills. Able to communicate & influence at all levels
- Excellent organisational & time management skills
- Capacity to prioritise tasks, make decisions, handle pressure & meet deadlines
- Attention to detail & strong numerical ability
- Strong project management skills & good knowledge of project management methods
- Good understanding of the procurement process including negotiating skills
- Sound experience of budgeting & resource allocation
- Extensive knowledge of the design process, ideally utilising external resource
Highly competitive salary with excellent benefits