Our client is a highly regarded successful market leader based in the Northern Home Counties. They are going through an ambitious programme of change and we are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join the business and be part of this exciting growth. to lead and facilitate these changes. The role works closely with non-finance staff in the UK and overseas, gaining wide exposure throughout the business.
- Implement a new accounting system, the set-up of new overseas legal entities, and new processes in the UK and overseas
- Lead the UK accounting team through this period of change, and train and support a member of the team to manage the new overseas systems and processes.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the UK accounting team and ensure that all processes are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Produce monthly management accounts, including liaison with overseas and UK managers to produce detailed overheads forecasts.
- Produce the year-end accounts to TB level and liaise with our auditors to produce the statutory accounts, ensuring compliance with accounting standards.
- Manage the cash flow forecasting and planning across different currencies and accounts, ensuring interest on cash balances is maximised.
- Manage the monthly payroll, including administration of PAYE and pensions.
- Supervise the production of VAT returns and lead the implementation of Making Tax Digital.
- Produce routine reports to regulatory and trade bodies (CAA and ABTA).
- Carry out other routine monthly reporting, including payment card exposure, flight exposure and flight insurance. Produce ad hoc reports as required to support other members of the finance team and the wider business.
- Analyse, control and challenge overhead costs, particularly in the overseas destinations.
- Drive the improvement of processes and reports within the accounting team, with a focus on the forecasting and control of overhead costs in the overseas destinations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A qualified ACA/ACCA preferred, with significant financial accounting experience and a working knowledge of accounting standards.
- Experience of staff management, ideally leading a small team, with an ability to delegate effectively and to develop staff.
- Expertise in building Excel models
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to improve processes
- Excellent Stakeholder Management
An excellent package up to ??65,000 - ??70,000 will be paid to the right candidate.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity