Business Unit Director
4 days left
Our client is a well-established and successful Main Contractor in the construction sector.
The business provides clients with an exceptional level of service throughout the delivery of their projects, whilst continuing to uphold and maintain a great reputation.
They operate in the following sectors: Residential, Education, Health, Commercial and Community.
The business is financially robust with a policy of using sustained growth to reinvest in the company’s future. There are significant opportunities for the business to further develop its capabilities, services and continue to lead in its marketplace.
This appointment will enjoy significant levels of autonomy and responsibility. The successful appointee will lead with the support of the senior management team, be responsible for the commercial and operational growth and success of the business.
The successful candidate will enjoy a stimulating and rewarding high profile role with a genuine opportunity to contribute to the executive leadership team within the business.
The Director will report directly to the CEO. The Director will lead a business unit on a day to day basis, with full P&L responsibilities. The Director will bring to the company a sound experience of good construction practices that enhances the performance, profitability and reputation of the business.
The Director will develop and implement a profitable business strategy, working closely with the Board, to develop opportunities with existing and new clients.
- Provide strong leadership to successfully grow the business, maintaining profitability levels
- Devise and implement targets for improvement in market share, profit margin and client satisfaction measures
- To ensure execution of current business plans and budgets, taking full responsibility for performance
- Develop and enhance existing systems, controls and structures to continue to drive the organisation towards the highest standards in delivery and service capabilities
- Build and maintain a growth orientated, customer focused culture with accountability, transparency, high commitment and team work as shared values
- Ensure a continuously improving Health & Safety culture
- Drive a service excellence culture throughout the business
- Constantly seek areas for improvement within the business
- Develop, motivate and support staff
- Proven management and leadership experience within the building contracting marketplace
- Operated successfully with P&L responsibilities
- Proven experience of creating and managing a fast growing and highly successful, profitable business
- Candidate’s experience could have been in a Regional or National contractor
- Able to manage a multi-project, multi-site contracting business
- A charismatic leader who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team.
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations
Apply for Business Unit Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly