IT Programme Manager
Build and lead a project team overseeing the implementation of significant HR and Finance projects, amongst others.
The client is a global full service law firm
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the programme's governance arrangements
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing the programme's budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme's individual projects
- Managing third party contributions to the programme
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the programme's successful outcome
- Working with the business change manager or equivalent on the transition to the new business as usual position
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals senior stakeholders
The successful candidate will have proven line management experience and will have proven ability to hire quality staff into their team. As well as this you will be able to talk in detail about projects or programmes of work where you have had a direct role in the implementation of a CRM or ERP system, preferably SAP HR/Payroll. You will also have knowledge of payroll and accounting practices as well as understanding of how the HR functional area operates within a large organisation.
Competitive salary plus benefits.