Interim Head of Portfolio
4 days left
A Local Authority are currently looking to recruit a Head of Portfolio for a period of up to 18 months, to cover a period of secondment.
This is a great time to join this Local Authority as they move onto the next phase of transformation. The role is responsible for leading a portfolio of programmes & projects that deliver one of the council’s four strategic aims which incorporates pan-organisational prioritisation of finance and people resources to ensure optimal delivery.
The role will be required to operate at the most senior level, involving daily engagement & challenge to, Corporate Management Board (CMB) & Political Leadership Team (PLT).
As a system leader this role will need to influence the senior leadership of the council & their partners to maintain focus on the key corporate priorities of the organisation.
As an expert in the field of portfolio management this role will provide technical leadership to ensure the successful delivery of programmes & projects for the council. It requires effective management of the portfolio whilst developing constructive relationships across the Council ensuring they maximise & understand the opportunities presented by technology to drive improvement.
Work collaboratively with business areas to identify new projects to identify and influence which should be considered for approval based on delivery against the council’s Strategic aims & financial considerations.
Accountable for developing a governance framework & reporting regime to ensure alignment to portfolio management best practice.
Develop a comprehensive report on current project progress, underpinned with analysis of performance.
Accountable for contributing expertise to business case development ensuring quality and timely approval through governance framework & providing best practice advice & guidance.
Accountable for encouraging commitment to a shared vision & sense of purpose & ensuring sufficient support for business areas to enable them to take decisions, whilst ensuring delivery of agreed outcomes and building space for innovation.
Accountable for maintaining the portfolio delivery map, monitoring project progress and tracking interdependencies across change projects. Ultimately to recommend financial & resource allocation across change initiatives to optimise the organisation’s return on investment address any resource gaps.
Accountable for identifying & monitoring portfolio risks ensuring these are addressed.
Accountable for working collaboratively with stakeholders & partner organisations, to determine the priorities for engagement ensuring problem resolution & alternative innovative solutions.
Responsible for developing mechanisms by which to measure project benefits ensuring ownership & responsibility is taken by the business to deliver those benefits.
Specific targets & objectives defined annually within the performance management framework.
- Evidence of continuing professional development & expert knowledge in relevant professional area, for example APM Practitioner, AMP Registered Project Professional, MSP Practitioner, MoP certified
- Experience of working with Board members & Directors & other key stakeholders in a large & politically complex organisation
- Experience of successfully delivering a large & complex portfolio of transformational projects in an organisation of similar scale & complexity, focused on both cost reduction & improvements to customer satisfaction
- Experience of leading a team of qualified professionals in a matrix setting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, & the ability to build personal credibility quickly with a variety of stakeholders to take the role of trusted advisor
This role will be inside IR35.
Apply for Interim Head of Portfolio
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly