Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance - London
My Client, a non for profit housing association are looking for a Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance to join the firm in London.
The purpose of this new role is to lead, inspire and motivate the newly created Corporate Compliance Team to deliver a high quality, professional, customer-focussed service to the Group. This is a wide-ranging leadership role created to deliver a step-change in performance across all areas of responsibility thereby supporting delivery of the 2018/23 Group corporate plan.
This business-critical role is wide-ranging and demands technical knowledge and expertise in regulation, risk, data protection, insurance and assurance as well as the ability to provide excellent leadership and drive continuous improvement in managing customer complaints, organisational policy and business continuity. The role necessitates the ability to explain technical detail in non-technical language and well-developed supporting, influencing and customer engagement skills. It is a cultural-transformation as well as customer-focussed role: the post-holder will regularly engage at a senior level with Directors, Executives and non-Executives as well as Heads of' service and business managers.
The Corporate Compliance Team within the Governance and Compliance Directorate has been created to deliver a high quality, professional, customer-focussed service to the Group. It will deliver a step-change in performance in its areas of responsibility with the objective of supporting delivery of the 2018/23 corporate plan and protecting the Group's reputation.
The key objectives of this leadership role are to:
- Actively support and positively engage with the business to ensure that the Group is fully compliant with all aspects of the Regulator of Social Housing's regulatory framework as well as all other areas of corporate compliance including, but not limited to, data protection, anti-fraud, anti-money laundering and Payment Card industry (PCI) compliance.
- Ensure maintenance of the Group's top rating for governance (G1) as assessed by the Regulator of Social Housing through ongoing improvements and embedding of all aspects of corporate compliance
- Ensure that regulatory returns are accurate, complete and submitted on time.
- Develop and report against a corporate compliance framework covering all relevant corporate regulatory standards (but excluding health and safety/asset compliance related matters).
- Oversee development, implementation and compliance with the Group's Data Protection Strategy and related policies.
Risk, insurance and assurance
- Provide clear direction and leadership in relation to strategic and operational risk management ensuring that sound and proportionate risk management is Embedded in ways of working throughout the Group.
- Lead the Group's corporate insurance strategy, ensuring key risks are proactively managed and insurance costs are driven down,
- As required by the Group Director Governance and Compliance, lead or oversee corporate assurance reviews.
- Work with the Executive and wider Senior Leadership Team to oversee the development of risk registers, both operational and strategic
- Support the Group Director Governance and Compliance in the ongoing development and effective use of the Group's risk appetite statement.
- Actively support and constructively challenge leaders and managers in the continued strengthening of the Group's risk and control processes.
- Ensure the corporate assurance framework is up to date and that feedback and learning flows operate effectively.
- Lead and oversee the effective management of customer complaints ensuring at all times excellent customer service is central to the approach taken by the team.
- Ensure effective management and resolution of complaints including those referred to the Housing Ombudsman through cross-business engagement and clear, prompt processes for learning and embedding change.
Policy and Business Continuity
- Lead the organisation's overall approach to policy, ensuring policies address legal and good practice requirements and meets the needs of the business.
- Lead the creation of a mechanism for cross-organisational policy review at Senior Leadership Team level.