Solutions Design Manager
5 days left
A leading Third-Party Logistics business is recruiting a Solutions Design Manager to join their Solutions Development Team in the Leicestershire area.
- Communicate directly with customers during all stages of the tender process.
- Analyse customer requirements including tender documents and data. Assess business development opportunities in the context of the businesses existing operations and provide executive summaries. Make recommendations regarding the suitability of potential new business.
- Plan and coordinate project and tender responses. Make recommendations regarding bid scope. Liaise with Regional Operations Directors, operations teams and specialist functions within the business throughout all phases of the tender process.
- Design warehouse and transport solutions taking into account industry best practice. Including: Warehouse processes; layouts; equipment; IT systems; management and admin structures.
- Develop and execute appropriate models to determine resources (people, equipment, property, IT, transport etc.) to feed into financial models
- Manage quotes for sub-contracting any non-core services which form part of tender scope
- Prepare profit and loss budgets in conjunction with finance teams
- Provide detailed financial and operational comparisons for alternative solutions highlighting risk
- Prepare tender response documentation and presentations
- Assist with the development of company marketing materials
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of developments in the industry through membership of a professional body (e.g. CILT), attending industry events and training courses
- Support the development of other members of the business development team
- Support the implementation of new contracts
- Successful track record working in a logistics solutions design role with commercial accountability
- Personable, professional and flexible with the ability to adapt their approach to suit individual customers' requirements
- Ability to lead a team through the tender process and produce high quality results. Leverage support from other departments e.g. IT, operations, HR, facilities management, to ensure appropriate engagement in solutions design and the tender process
- Technically proficient using advanced Microsoft Office Excel functionality (macros; pivot tables; data links; lookups; etc.) with the ability to deal with complex data management
- Current and in depth understanding of commercial warehouse and transport rates and profit & loss
- Confident communicating with Senior Management, Key Stakeholders and customers up to and including Board Level
- A highly confident and proactive individual able to represent the company and customer
- Capable of working under pressure to meet critical deadlines and complete objectives
- Ability to use industry-recognised simulation and modelling tools is not essential but may be advantageous e.g. CLASS, CAST, Paragon etc.
Apply for Solutions Design Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly