Head of Strategy
Role Title: Area Head of Strategy, Planning & Insights - North Western Europe Area
Salary Range: £120,000 - £160,000
Location: London, UK
Posting Date: 5th July 2019
We are looking for an Head of Strategy, Planning & Insights to head up our new North Western Europe Area (NWEA). Reporting into the Marketing Director this role will be responsible for:
- Developing & implementing of processes, systems, and performance measures for the creation of strategic plans of the company within corporate guidelines that covers both the financial perspective as well as the market.
- Developing and delivering the consumer and customer segment strategies and facilitate the formulation of the marketing strategy in the OpCo by integrating the strategic and operational brand and trade planning.
- Ensuring the marketing insights and information platform (processes and systems) is fit-for-purpose to support informed decision making.
- Preparation of regular reports & analysis to monitor performance of business activities & realisation of strategic plans.
- Drive the strategic and operational planning process ensuring:
- Formulation and tactical execution of the Marketing plan is integrated across functions and aligned with the defined Marketing strategy
- Validation of plans to ensure line of sight from consumer segment strategies through to Brand and Activation.
- Oversee development of a comprehensive, integrated and effective Cycle Grid (Cycle Plan)
- Information systems effectively support the planning process
- Area SOP Manager role acts as the custodian of SOP process across NWEA and ensures effectiveness, accuracy and alignment within the Area.
- Lead Area SOP process management
- Oversee the analysis of economic situation, market trends and consumer behavior across all end markets in the Area
- Provide marketing team with internal and external Area-wide marketing information to assist informed decision making
- Act as information and analytical hub for all marketing-related information requests above market, within area and in relation to end market.
- Ensure availability of all relevant and required marketing information to meet business needs.
- Develop the Total Nicotine consumer segment strategies
- Ensure development and refinement of actionable and meaningful customer and consumer segments
- Recommend priority segments, objectives and approach
- Generate innovative ideas on how to approach consumer segments
- Validate the overall marketing strategy and plan by ensuring alignment between the Brand, Activation & TM&D strategies with the consumer segment strategies.
- Ensure that all KPIs are clearly defined, objectively analysed and reported on in quantifiable business terms across the marketing organization
- Co-ordinate the development of integrated long-term macro-economical forecasts for the total Nicotine market, short-term forecasts and competitive business scenarios as input to corporate and marketing plans.
- Maintain highest organisational capability of consumer, customer and market insight
- Ensure guardianship and correct application of BAT methodologies
- Drive development of new research methodologies and analytical techniques
- Set up digital analytics hub to feed into PRRP digital activation strategy.
- Ensure implementation of all marketing research & information common platforms and best practices
- Develop and maintain comprehensive competitive analysis
- Provide all marketing team with appropriate training in the effective use of marketing research systems & information analysis
- Participate in the definition of regulatory and excise strategy and consumer pricing guidelines, providing market context and consumer requirements, and developing strategic scenarios
- Ensure that SPI area is well trained and motivated to develop and provide actionable insights and effectively coordinate the marketing planning processes
- Manage budget for all the initiatives performed in SPI area to ensure synergy, objectivity, and prioritisation of spend (including all generic and specific brand and trade research)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
•Significant experience in strategy, planning and insights within a multinational FMCG company and in a highly regulated environment
•A strong leader, with significant experience leading large teams across different markets is critical
•Significant experience in brand and trade strategy development
•Experience working with oracle methodologies common platforms and best practices
•Experience working with strategic planning and insights activities such as forecasting techniques, competitor analysis, research management and design, consumer and customer engagement, marketing planning processes and quantitative and qualitative analysis
•A strategic thinker
•Strong abilities to motivate, coach and develop people
•Strong experience of managing people remotely
•Ability to solve conflicts among areas/ functions
•Developing and maintaining relationships with external suppliers
•Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills
•Negotiation and influencing skills and ability to influence the planning process
•Project management and implementation skills