Our client is a PE-backed B2B services business based in Cambridgeshire, forecast to generate £6 million EBITDA this year. The strategy is to create a £15-20m+ EBITDA business in 3-5 years through continued organic growth and expansion into new verticals through acquisitions; a strong pipeline of roll-up acquisition opportunities has already been identified.
As part of the investment strategy, the CEO and investors are looking to strengthen the management team with the appointment of a Group CFO to become one of the key executives in the business and help drive its ambitious growth.
You will support the CEO and management team to help develop and deliver the business plan, as well as lead the finance function and be a board director for the company. You will be based in Cambridgeshire, with some travel around the UK depending on future acquisitions; as well as regular meetings with the investors in London.
What you will be doing:
- Accurate reporting (statutory, management, investor, debt provider)
- Development, monitoring, reporting and interpretation of relevant business KPIs and associated systems
- Participating in group strategic and tactical planning and decision-making
- Presenting financial information internally and externally, as required
- Assisting with the identification, assessment, negotiation, due diligence and integration of acquisitions, including the preparation and presentation of investment cases
- Liaison with and co-ordination of external advisers, including auditors, tax advisors, bankers, lawyers, insurance brokers and other advisers.
- An intelligent, energetic CFO with gravitas and the independence to make decisions
- Able to analyse, interpret and explain simple financial and operational information and articulate all aspects of business strategy and performance to third parties
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) with sound technical accounting skills and proven PE and exit experience
- Experience of acquisition identification, negotiation, due diligence and integration
- Strong cost control experience, including tight working capital management
- Leadership and people management experience
Apply for CFO
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly