Michael Page is exclusively in partnership with a successful, well established Design, Manufacturing and Engineering company based in Sheffield. Our client make and install products for specialist engineering services for a range of industries and due to a period of significant growth, are now looking to recruit an Installations Manager to develop the Installations department.
Based in Sheffield my client provide world class specialist engineering services for for a range of industries and due to a period of significant growth, are now looking to recruit a new Installations Manager to provide and manage overall control and coordination of the Installation resource.
As the Installations Manager based in Sheffield you will provide and manage overall control and coordination of the Installation resource though a dedicated office team. You will ensure that advice and guidance is available to all members of the company on matters relating to the works in hand, customer contracts & specifications also Company rules & procedures.
Other Duties Include:
- Work closely with customers to build long term strategic partnerships
- Work closely with all other Senior Managers in the company to ensure that deadlines and expectations set by customers and the company are achieved.
- To ensure the 'Installation' projects are executed efficiently such that site personnel, customer suppliers, sub-contractors and other associated departments are satisfied with the service provided
- Managed overall budgetary control of Installation resources and the associated overheads in order to increase the department's performance in line with companies 3 key business objectives
- Ensure Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Crane plans, Health Safety & Environmental documents are compiled in a timely manner in accordance with Company standards, current regulations and legislation's
- Ensure the provision of estimating services for all aspects of 'Installation' projects undertaken on behalf of the client is done effectively to meet the submission requirements of our customers; this includes organising site visits and surveys
- Provide support, advice and liaise with other departments as required at concept, design and manufacturing stages to ensure optimum safety and least cost for prospective and planned work whilst working within current regulations, legislation's, customers and client specifications
To apply for the position of Installations Manager based in Sheffield you will have the following:
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- HND in Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- A proven track record at a Senior Management level for significant years in an Engineering environment.
- Record of development in Engineering Sector
- Ability to interpret Company/Department accounts and apply controls
- Understanding and application of 'site' Health Safety & Environmental requirements
- Proficient communication and administrative skills with an ability to interact with people at all levels
- Experience of direct negotiation / meetings with Customer, Suppliers and employees
- Experience of dealings with employment related matters, both individual and group
- Experience of managing departmental budgets
- Experience in managing and developing teams
- Previous experience as Installation Manager/Engineer
- Project management experience. Project planning/ reporting
- Mentoring skills and employee development
The salary for this position will be between £50,000 to £60,000 with Company Car and other benefits.