Lead Business Case Writer
1 day left
Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) is a non-departmental public body (NDPB) created through the Energy Act 2004 to ensure the safe and efficient clean-up of the UK’s nuclear legacy. The mission of the NDA group is clear; ‘To clean up the UK’s earliest nuclear sites safely, securely and cost-effectively with care for people and the environment.’
NDA is progressing through a period of change in the way in which it is organised. It is transforming how it manages some its businesses to find more effective and efficient ways of providing nuclear clean-up and decommissioning, on behalf of the UK tax payer.
This has led to the creation of One NDA which, at its core, is a group of businesses unified by its mission - working together more effectively and efficiently. There are around 16,000 people who help deliver NDA’s mission and they make up one of the most advanced nuclear workforces in the world. One NDA plans to capitalise on this wealth of experience and talent, harnessing the opportunities that come from the scale and breadth of the group
About the role
NDA is seeking to appoint a Lead Business Case Writer who will be responsible for writing NDA Sanction, Board and HMG level business cases for the NDA and the wider Group.
The ability to evidence value for money for the UK tax payer in accordance with HMT Green Book requirements is vital. Likewise, an ability to work closely with subject matter experts across the estate (from scientists and technical engineers to programme and commercial managers) is essential. The appointee will work closely with NDA Business Facing Teams, colleagues from our subsidiaries and with the other members of the NDA Sanction team to deliver high quality business case submissions to all governance bodies.
- Lead the planning, development and production of high quality business cases
- Writing high quality business cases which translate and summarise policy and project documents, technical and non-technical, into clear and coherent cases
- Responsible for ensuring that the business case complies with organisational and HMT Green Book requirements
- Effectively engaging with project managers to ensure alignment between business case development and original project material
- Provide advice, guidance and support on the development of business cases to the NDA and wider Group
- Identify, develop and embed best practice into business case writing across the NDA Group
- Review and feedback on business cases from the NDA and wider Group to drive quality improvements
- Use lessons learned from previous assignments to inform business case preparation and production, driving continuous improvement
- Leading the virtual team of business case writers across the NDA estate, sharing good practice on business case writing to improve processes for future cases
For this critically important role, we need a truly impressive individual. You will need to have the ability to lead and influence and work collaboratively and pragmatically with all stakeholders as well as having the gravitas and credibility to interface with and support key senior stakeholders within the NDA and across the wider estate.
You will have gained relevant, senior, practical experience in Business Case writing within large, complex business environments such as private industry, government organisations or professional services or consultancy in accordance with HM Treasury Green Book.
The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace. If you are a suitably qualified applicant we’ll welcome your application whatever your gender, race, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
To discuss this role in confidence or request a Candidate Brief, please contact Laurence Wolahan T 020 7259 8743 or M 07764 902 591 or Nikki Greaves T 0113 200 3733 of Hays Executive.
To apply, please upload your resume and covering letter, stating why you are the ideal candidate for the position of Lead Business Case Writer at the NDA. Please also include details of current remuneration package.