A great opportunity has arisen within a small TV production group for an experienced Finance Director. Looking for a professionally qualified accountant with extensive experience of working at a senior level within the TV & Media sector this role will support the CEO, and be part of the Management team, driving its strategy and growth.
The role will lead the finance function and oversee all financial aspects of the business and manage the relationship with the parent company. You will also support the executive teams of each production company to help delivery of financial targets.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to help lead and drive, an already prosperous company, to continue its success.
- Lead the finance department to ensure optimisation of output and continual development of the team
- Part of the senior management team, involved in strategic and operational decisions
- Support new initiatives through modelling and implementation of change
- Present and report financial information to the parent company, ensuring objectives and targets are met
- Support the Exec/Creative teams of each label ensuring informed business/financial decisions are made
- Lead the annual budgeting process to ensure alignment with the long term plans and strategic objectives
- Partner key stakeholders to set and monitor their budgets and forecasts
- Ensure submission of monthly and annual accounts for the group to the parent company
- Presentation of actuals, budgets and reforecasting to group and parent company
- Manage the Group Corporation tax and TV Tax Credits
- Drive continuous system improvements and developments.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with extensive PQE
- Solid knowledge of the television/media industry (Ideally TV Production)
- Strong people and stakeholder management
- Solid background within both controllership and commercial accounting
- Proven presentation and board level activity with the ability to challenge and support findings and opinions
- Established network of industry contacts to ensure continual informed decisions are made
- Credible, confident and able to liaise and build strong relationships with financial and non-financial individuals of all levels (including board level)
- Commercial acumen with ability to drive and deliver change.