Our client, a leading offshore renewables specialist is currently looking for an Interim Managing Director for a six to twelve-month assignment with a view to go permanent thereafter.
The Interim Managing Director will be responsible for driving and supporting revenue growth. Whilst developing and implementing a clear vision and business strategy which is communicated and understood across the business.
They will also be responsible for:
- Build a robust 3-year business plan to improve the profitability of the organisation by increasing commercial activity, ensuring that sales, marketing and pricing are optimised to facilitate top and bottom line growth
- Drive profitable growth via a robust, pragmatic strategy, continually enhancing market share and EBITDA
- Provide highly visible leadership and become a figurehead in the industry
- Work closely with other Directors and relevant stakeholders to identify areas where the organisations services/skill sets can be integrated across the Group to maximise profitability
- Seek to continually develop auxiliary revenue streams, leveraging the business' intellectual property portfolio to its full potential
- Lead and engage others to develop a culture of excellence and innovation to differentiate and improve market profile
- Actively promote the business in a more proactive way then it has done previously; building and maintaining key client relationships, embedding a client-centred culture to secure future business
- Define accurate annual actual / forecast revenue, budget and strategic plans within a structure agreed with the Board
- Develop short-term and mid-term goals to produce rapid effects on sales and contract wins
- Initiate budget progress plans, coordinate their implementation and ensure consistency and control
- Review and manage business risk to ensure the business is fully compliant with Company processes and procedures
- Exhibit transparent and open communication in accordance with the Group's core values to create a positive internal culture and external profile for the business
The ideal interim will be a highly effective commercial leader, likely with experience in the Offshore Renewables Engineering or Support Services sectors with the positive profile of someone who drives an innovated, trusted advisor culture.
- A track record of success within a challenging environment, with demonstrable experience of delivering growth by driving businesses to be more commercially aware and opportunistic.
- Commercially minded and able to demonstrate this with a direct focus on P&L performance
- Experienced operating at CEO/MD capacity, combined with understanding of transformation business situations
- Highly motivated to succeed within a commercially led operating environment, with the leadership and business acumen to drive value and performance across the business
- Energetic and charismatic, able to motivate teams and engender a collective culture of teamwork and cohesion
- Thoughtful yet decisive leadership, with high levels of emotional intelligence and the ability to network and influence effectively across functions, mentoring and leading at all levels
- Able to balance a broad, long-term strategic view with sufficient attention to detail in the short- term
- Track-record of championing and facilitating innovative ideas which help position the business for future growth