Senior Manager / Associate Director - Pensions Advisory
The role is to provide support in the provision of Pensions Advisory work, primarily employer covenant reviews, to clients.
My client works with Britain's economic engine - ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
They share clients' ambitions and their entrepreneurial mind-set. We have the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
They are a global accounting firm who provides business advisory services in 162 countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide. It has revenues of $9bn.
This position can be based across various locations including Leeds, Manchester, Glasgow and London.
The Pensions Advisory team provides the following services to trustees and employers:
- Employer covenant reviews - these are similar to an independent business review and involve both financial and non-financial analysis
- Pension restructuring - identifying options for both corporate and trustee clients as to how best restructure the funding and/or legal relationship between the Employer and the Scheme in a distress situation
- Corporate transactions - advising trustees and corporates as to the impact of corporate activity on the support available to their pension scheme. This could include, for example, an assessment of a corporate restructuring, refinancing, or M&A activity
- Pension strategy - provision of strategic pensions advice to sponsors of defined benefit pension schemes and other stakeholders including the Pensions Regulator and the Pensions Protection Fund
- There will also be the opportunity to provide support to the wider Business Restructuring team.
- Relevant professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, MBA)
- Relevant technical and management experience at a similar level/ in a similar role ability to develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge
- Commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
The role will requires accounting, financial analysis and general commercial experience, in the context of delivering solutions and advice to clients (both trustee and corporate) on the risks which they face in relation to their defined benefit pension scheme. Strong report writing skills and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent opportunity for Pensions specialist looking to add value
- Opportunity to learn and progress in a professional high profile team
- Client base will be high profile and current
- Attractive package and progression route