Head of Global Infrastructure
Director / Head of Global Infrastructure, Cloud Environment, London
A Director / Head of Infrastructure is required by this International, Software Solution provider based in Central London.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join an ambitious organisation, already a leader in their field, as they embark on the next journey of their global expansion plan.
You will be taking over the ownership of their Global Infrastructure and all teams that contribute towards to it. In total you will oversee a team of 40 which consists of a mix of Architects, DBA's, Cloud specialists, Senior engineers, App Support and networking/server engineers and a small helpdesk function. Alongside you there will be 4 direct reports who manage the everyday projects & teams within the business.
In terms of background, they are relatively open but will pay specific attention to anyone who can demonstrate prior experience:
- Managing a similarly sized infrastructure supporting business critical applications.
- Budget management (datacenter annual spend circa £3million)
- Owning a 24/7 support function with a global customer base
- Working in a variety of Cloud environments, be it private, public as well as other type of hybrids
- Virtualisation, Disaster Recovery and high availability environments
- An environment with a wide variety of different tech contribution to the overall Infrastructure
- Being a true leader and successfully secured buy-in from both your team and the wider business units as a whole
There are certain immediate goals they are hoping you can contribute towards which include:
Short term goals:
- Improve the performance and the overall efficiency of the teams (moving from a reactive way of working to a more productive approach to how, for example, instances are managed, reocurring problems with servers)
- Ensure that Tech infrastructure can confidently accommodate the aggressive global growth plans
- Improve ConfigManagement process across the team
- Budget Management of Global Infrastructure function
Longer term goals:
- Start the transition from moving to the Private Cloud/Hybrid solutions to the next generation of platforms
- Streamline the teams to ensure all process is mapped out, defined and where needs-be secure buy-in from the business
- Be a public face of the function to the outside world - both customers and also to the business. The Cloud operation they have built is really impressive and should be shouted about.
- Assess all skill levels within the teams and look to raise the experience levels or recruit talent to ensure we continually have a world class cloud operation.
If you're keen to find out more, then please press 'apply' and Ill give you a call in turn to discuss further.