Hub Manager - Designate
Based Smethwick (B66) + Travel
Every role in DPD is crucial and has enabled DPD to be the biggest ever success story in the UK parcels industry. Constantly innovating, building and growing, we are a fast-paced, high-octane company winning the hearts and minds of customers in the UK and abroad. Our strategy is simple – the best service, the best technology and the best people.
This Hub Manager Designate role position has been designed to provide you with an excellent introduction and understanding of our large-scale multi-million-pound Hub Operations across the Midlands, whilst being supported by the Senior Management team.
As Hub Manager Designate, you will be expected to support the achievement of Hub objectives in terms of service to Network, cost, productivity and throughput, through effective management of Operations Managers, Sortation Managers and Hub employees, maintenance of company operating standards and ISO operating procedures.
You will also be expected to:
- Undertake project work
- Cover Hub Manager absences
- Support Hubs with specific operational needs, as and when they arise
Able to demonstrate a successful track record in managing and motivating high performing teams to deliver outstanding customer service, you must have proven people management experience within the distribution industry or a related sector.
Comfortable operating in an environment where working efficiently under pressure and at pace is critical, experience of a 24/7 operation and managing a workforce in excess of 400 employees would be a distinct advantage.
Your naturally strong communication skills will be fully utilised in this role, as will your ability to effectively influence and effect change.
We’ll also expect you to:
- Be skilled in working within and adhering to set Key Performance Indicators, spanning Service, Quality, Health & Safety and Costs
- Be an excellent communicator both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills.
- Decisive and effective decision-making, problem resolution and time management skills.
- Have the ability to effect and successfully implement change.
- Demonstrate high levels of resilience, self-motivation and flexibility.
- Have a good degree of computer literacy, as well as the ability to monitor performance and analyse data, along with the initiative to act accordingly
- You must be willing to work 5 shifts across all 7 days, this will include weekends
- Typical working hours will be 5pm to 3am to meet business needs
- You must hold a full driving licence.
In return, you can look forward to an excellent remuneration package, including company car and bonus, plus the chance to join a rapidly developing organisation, able to offer genuine career and personal development opportunities.
Closing date for applications: Monday 29th July 2019.
Please apply via the apply button.
DPD actively promotes its Dignity at Work Policy