Interim Finance Director
Cobb & Jones Recruitment are working with a well-established, international SME, seeking to appoint an experienced FD or an ambitious Financial Controller looking to progress their career into an FD position. Working closely with the MD, this role will be hands on and will take responsibility for the management and development of the finance team and support the business in achieving its strategic goals.
- Managing the day to day running of the finance function
- Leading the monthly group reporting process and overseeing the preparation of month end reporting and monthly management accounts
- Ensuring robust processes and controls are in place, taking a continuous improvement approach
- Managing the bank accounts and cash flow management - monitoring and reporting the cash position of the business
- Producing annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Supporting the MD and senior management team in making commercial business decisions
- Overseeing the balance sheet and P&L
- Leading the month end and year end process, ensuring all statutory requirements are met, including VAT, tax and review of the statutory accounts
- Adopting a business partnering approach, developing relationships both internally and externally, to include: external auditors and HMRC
- KPI reporting, analysis of costs and assessing risks and opportunities for the business
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Maintaining the local relationship with Bank
- Treasury management and banking including foreign exchange
- HR policy and overseeing the HR, payroll processes and pension schemes
- Ad-hoc project-based work
Candidates will be formally qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and possess current experience operating at FD or senior FC level within an SME environment in a hands-on role. Previous experience working within manufacturing or a product-based industry would be highly desirable and a desire to make a difference in an owner managed business is key. The ability to lead and motivate a team will also be key. Candidates available at short notice will be highly desirable although this is not a pre-requisite.
The business will consider applications from experienced FD's looking for a part time role.