COO - Finance, Fintech - London
COO - Finance, Fintech - London, £80k-£100k + package & share plan
Our client is seeking a COO for their boutique fintech specialist in the heart of London. They use technology and innovative thinking to provide clients with funding solutions, helping them grow and prosper... in the last 5 years they have provided £1billion of funding to (mostly) UK businesses and their suppliers.
This is a pivotal senior role in a fast-growing company and after a qualifying period the COO, (who is also deputy CEO) will be offered the opportunity to participate in a leadership team share plan. Overall this has to be one of the most desirable & rewarding fintech opportunities in London.
Our COO will champion customer service standards & will build and lead the client services team from its current base of 3 talented individuals to 6 - 8 people by the end of next year. Our COO will adopt an agile approach to continuous improvement in our client's technology platforms and processes to facilitate our client's growth, keeping on top of the latest developments in the outside world, presenting roadmaps to the Board and project managing their delivery. With a strong business head our COO will negotiate, structure and put in place commercial arrangements to underpin both existing operations and new business initiatives.
This is a key leadership role during a period of rapid expansion - our client expects the business double within 18 months.
To be of interest you will offer most of the following:
- Demonstrable success of building and leading a team
- Experience and understanding of working capital funding products
- Experience of managing payment processes
- Experience of working with strategic business partners at a senior level
- Strong commercial acumen and an understanding of contract law
- Experience of implementing and/or developing IT systems and/or process improvement projects
- Strong project management skills
- Extensive exposure to commercial businesses preferably including involvement with high potential enterprises
- A higher-level degree qualification (but not necessarily in finance)
What You Can Expect:
For the right candidate we offer a competitive base salary, together with a bonus plan that rewards team and individual performance plus the opportunity to participate in a leadership team share plan after an appropriate qualifying period.