Head of Procurement
Our Public sector client currently have an interim opportunity, for a Head of Procurement to lead a team of dedicated and highly motivated procurement professionals.
The successful head of procurement will be the corporate expert in all things procurement, making internal, external and political relationships at the operational and strategic level.
You will have a proven track record of delivering value for money and achieving procurement excellence.
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership for Procurement and Commercial Services, making internal, external and political relationships at the operational and strategic level. You will improve value across all procurement and sourcing activities, by working with internal and external stakeholders and enabling procurement to be part of the early design of the initial need through to the provision of goods and services to meet well defined customer needs.
The successful Head of Procurement will:
- Be qualified as MCIPS - Professional Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- Have significant experience of procurement, commercial and supply management working at a senior level.
- Have knowledge of risk management and business continuity planning.
- Have a familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal and other commercial risk.
- Have a strategic mind-set and problem-solving skills, built up from years of end to end procurement involvement, including design of need, tendering, negotiations, contract management and delivery of quality service and goods to customers from identified need.
- Have Knowledge of public sector dynamics on the buy-side and the sell-side, but also experience of the internal knowledge and language of the business and how behaviours impact on contracting needs and decisions.
- Proven Public Sector and OJEU experience within complex and large organisations.
- Strong ability to lead teams from across the business.
The Head of Procurement has been identified as a key leadership role for the organisation, creating an exciting opportunity that has plenty of potential to change the way procurement and commercial is able to impact on organisational improvements and developments.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, please apply immediately.