Senior Policy Advisor
5 days left
The Institute of International Finance (IIF) is one of the world’s largest global associations of financial institutions with nearly 500 members in more than 75 countries. We provide economic and financial analysis to our members, serve as a forum for exchanging views and developing proposals on global regulatory issues; and represent our members from the private financial community in discussions with the public sector on global economic and financial policy issues.
IIF’s Regulatory Affairs Department focuses on the development and articulation of industry positions on numerous global financial regulatory issues, including: prudential capital and liquidity requirements; systemic risk regulation, cross-border resolution and related “too big to fail” issues; industry risk management and governance practices; cyber security; Financial crime and related AML/CFT issues; digital finance regulation and policy.
This position is responsible for analyzing regulatory initiatives from, and engaging with, global policy and standard setters such as the FSB, the Basel Committee and IOSCO, and developing and articulating policy positions with IIF members.
The Senior Policy Advisor will be expected to:
- Carry out research and analysis to support the development of industry positions on related regulatory issues
- Analyze new initiatives of international significance by global and relevant regional and domestic policy-makers
- Support the organization of IIF member committees, working groups, and other meetings for members, and coordinate logistics with meeting hosts as applicable
- Participate in working group and committee meetings and work to achieve consensus among participants
- Prepare consensus documents for working groups and letters to official-sector bodies on consultations, as well as other reports for publication
- Contribute to various Regulatory Affairs documents, including the monthly regulatory update for members and other reports
Applicants should have at least seven years of directly relevant experience in the financial services industry or at a related trade association, regulatory body, or regulatory consulting firm in areas such as finance and risk at, as well as a thorough knowledge of prudential and other type of financial regulations. Also required are: a graduate degree in a related field; fluency in English and excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply, please submit a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume in Word format. For more information about the IIF, please refer to our website at https://www.iif.com.