Independent Investment Advisor
The external member will be co-opted as an independent member onto the GPhC's Finance and Planning Committee (FPC) and will be appointed for a period of 3 years. Re-appointment can be made at the end of the first period of appointment for a further period of up to 3 years, subject to satisfactory performance and the needs of the GPhC. There should therefore be no expectation of automatic reappointment.
The Investment Advisor will be responsible for providing advice to the FPC on investment matters, but any investment decision will be made collectively.
The Advisor will be expected to:
- Support the procurement process for the appointment of an Investment Manager
- attend relevant FPC meetings (approx. 2-4 meetings per annum) and consult with the chair as needed
- Provide a short-written comment to the FPC on the Investment Manager’s quarterly performance
- Advise on any investment matters including the setting of long-term return targets, the selection, monitoring or termination of the Investment Manager, or the level of income to be drawn
- Provide a short annual governance review to the FPC
- Have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
Candidates should demonstrate the following criteria:
- Significant and broad investment experience, either directly in fund management or through the monitoring and reporting of investment performance
- Demonstrable experience at a senior level of working on boards, either in an executive or non-executive role
- Highly developed knowledge, understanding and experience of investments, and corporate governance
- Strong appreciation of the ethical dimension to investments
The appointment will commence from 13 September 2019.
Fees and expenses
The role pays a rate of £1500 per annum. FPC members can claim expenses for travel, accommodation, subsistence and carer’s costs incurred on GPhC business, in line with our expenses policy.
About the GPhC
We regulate pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacies in Great Britain. We work to assure and improve standards of care for people using pharmacy services.
The GPhC is a respected regulatory body, acknowledged by the Professional Standards Authority for meeting all the Standards of Good Regulation.
Our organisation has long-term vision and desire for highly skilled and specialist staff and is committed to workforce learning and development opportunities.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture and are committed to holding ourselves to the same standards we expect of others.
We value the diversity of our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applying for this role
If you feel you have the required experience and skills and would like to join us, please refer to our website where you can find further information including the application pack where you will be asked to complete and send a covering letter, CV and a declaration form by clicking "Apply".
Closing date: 15 July 2019 (5 pm)
Interview dates: 31 July 2019