Director of Research IT Services
Company: University College London
Job title: Director of Research IT Services
Salary: Competitive plus USS pension
Location: Bloomsbury, Central London, South East England, UK
University College London (UCL) is seeking to appoint an outstanding research and development IT leader, to shape and deliver the provision of IT Services to its world-class research community. The Director of Research IT Services (RITS) will take a hands-on role in expanding and improving delivery of the suite of research enabling IT services to its diverse and demanding research community.
UCL has a rich heritage and an exciting agenda for the future aiming to solve some of the world’s most difficult challenges. This is a key role offering the opportunity to deliver the efficient, modern, research IT service, which could enable the next critical research breakthrough. The Research IT Services (RITS) Directorate is seeking the strategic IT leader with the ability to engage researchers, driving value from research and to lead the RITS directorate forward, expanding and widening its offering.
- Operate as a senior leader within the University and acting as trusted partner to the research community, building positive relationships with key research stakeholders. Demonstrate the ‘art of the possible’; stimulate future demand and widening the scope of services offered by RITS
- Craft a vision and the well-planned, strategic roadmap to evolve and broaden Research IT Services at UCL. Act as advocate for UCL’s interests externally, across the sector, with partner organisations and at the national level
- Provide strategic leadership to the Research IT Services teams. Mould a high-performing RITS directorate improving scalability and making it simple to engage with. Drive clarity, focus and efficiency of process and act as a beacon of best practice based on contemporary developments in research IT provision
- With significant exposure to research intensive organisations, you will have the ability to understand the needs of complex research communities and to shape the high-performing technology operations to support them
- Possessing high EQ and outstanding communication skills you will have the proven ability to build relationships with a wide range of research stakeholders
- An enthusing and inspiring people leader, you will demonstrate a track record of build cohesive teams, whilst driving the adoption of contemporary IT industry methods and ways of working.
The University values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To hear more about this exciting opportunity, apply now by following the link www.berwickpartners.co.uk/72382
For a confidential discussion, contact Alex Richardson at our retained search consultants Berwick Partners at email@example.com or on 0161 498 3409