Regional Applications Manager - International Education
Regional Applications Manager for a Leading International Education Organisation.
To manage the introduction of central shared services within new and existing schools and become the regional Subject Matter Expert for those applications.
World's leading premium international education organisation
- Manage the introduction of core applications supported by a centralised shared services IT function into the associated region
- Liaise with the shared service function to understand product operation in detail and agree the project methodology and process for delivery of the applications into each school
- Liaise with the school representatives and staff responsible for using the applications, demonstrating the solution operation, evaluating school requirements, identifying operational gaps, gathering required data and agreeing the plan for implementation
- Take ownership of delivery of the implementation plan, including responsibility for technical configuration of the product, desktop configuration and network integration
- Liaise with the schools to facilitate resolution of operational problems and change requests and provide appropriate training and technical support
- Take ownership of application incidents, ensuring appropriate priorities are set, required resources are engaged and regular communication is in place
- Manage the application support incident queue to ensure timely resolution of escalated incidents
- Provide clear impact assessment and follow up actions for incidents using knowledge of operational processes captured through regular meetings with the schools
- Ensure division of responsibilities is well-maintained between 1st, 2nd and 3rd line teams
- Monitor and improve the approach taken by staff when handling support tickets
- Act as a point of escalation to troubleshoot and resolve issues as required
- Handle communications across NAE for major incidents
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures
- Manage application updates covering communication to business departments, training of business and IT departments, co-ordination of the application updates and provision of operational support plans
- Commercial and Business Awareness - Able to identify business opportunities and be aware of the associated risks. Able to balance the financial, quality, people and customer expectation related risks.
- Customer Focus (internal & external) - Expert in anticipating and understanding customer expectations and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed. Able to build partner relationships with customers and suppliers and focus on solving their problems
- Communication - Experienced in communication skills suitable for the management of and liaison with departmental staff and senior management, both on a one to one and one to many basis. Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing, with colleagues and customers including producing reports, preparing, organising and delivering presentations using appropriate tools and techniques, and taking a leading role in meetings and discussions.
- Planning and Organising - Experienced at determining a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these, making allowance for potential problems. Must manage the field of responsibility within allocated budgets, and be able to plan and forecast future budgets based on business priorities.
- Understanding NAE - Understands and promotes NAE strategies, policies and procedures. Aware of how the organisation operates.
- Teamwork - Experienced at contributing towards the objectives of a team, and be able to share knowledge, ideas and information. Understands the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions. Effective at managing people and can adopt an appropriate style to foster good team working. Equally capable of working independently and being self-motivated.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Expert at solving problems in a measured and creative way. Expert in independently assessing a wide variety of tasks and be proactive in relation to identifying and undertaking activities that are to the benefit of the business. Effective at balancing long and short-term objectives and understand business value. Be responsible for own decisions.
Competitive Salary Between £50,000 - £60,000