Head of Production
Our client is a multi-million pound turnover manufacturer and installer of bespoke fabricated products to the construction industry. An innovative and contemporary business with ambition for continued growth within their market, our client is looking to appoint a Head of Production to join their ambitious and growing business.
In this exciting, newly created lead position, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day operational management of the manufacturing facility based in Northamptonshire.
Working closely with the Managing Director, who currently oversees all manufacturing, the Head of Production will liaise directly with the respective senior managers within procurement, sales and installation to ensure output exceeds customer expectations in terms of both quality and timing.
Responsible for the production workforce, the Head of Production will plan and implement production schedules, ensuring the highest operational efficiencies are maintained throughout, with Health and Safety best practice observed at all times.
The organisation is about to embark on a transformational investment into its manufacturing facility with a confirmed three year staged plan to fully automate their manufacturing process. The Head of Production will be instrumental in this transformation, overseeing the transition. The successful appointee can expect a rewarding and high profile career with the business, on merit of their accomplishments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic input on all matters relating to manufacturing
- Planning and implementation of production schedules to meet customer requirements
- Day to day operational management of the production workforce
- Maintain quality levels to exceed customer expectations
- Develop the skills of the workforce
- Ensure the latest Health & Safety practices are maintained
- Establish technical innovation to production in terms of automation and techniques
- Ensure that communication with all departments is accurate and timely
- Adopt a policy of continuous improvement in all areas
- Lead Lean Manufacturing implementation throughout the factory
- Maintenance of shop floor Ensure that there is a smooth handover of new products from production to installation
Knowledge and Experience:
- Manufacturing management experience – either at a similar level or as a second line manager within a fabrication business (e.g. shop fitters, glass makers, steel fabrication, furniture making etc.)
- Experience of automating manufacturing processes
- Experience of manufacturing a low output product (bespoke products)
- Demonstrate experience of effective operational management and lead time reductions
- Experience of workshop activities including fabrication, general machining
- A working knowledge of lean management systems is preferable.
- Experience of Production Control and ERP system and stores/stock management
- Evidence of working to deadlines and meeting deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
Attitude and Personality:
- Calm non-confrontational approach
- Professional approach
- Eye for detail
- Good sense of humour
- Firm but polite
Apply for Head of Production
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly