Our client, a Local Authority, is currently looking to identify an experienced interim Finance Director to help lead the organisation through a period of significant change.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the successful candidate will have ultimate responsibility for leading the Finance & IT function. You will play a key role in ensuring the organisation balance local service needs with corporate interests whilst ensuring compliance with all financial, statutory and constitutional requirements.
As the successful candidate you will be strategic in your approach, be commercially minded and support the Chief Executive with a new direction of travel.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who fosters a learning culture where all employees can thrive. You will have a hands-on approach and an 'open door' policy to all staff. You will have previously managed large-scale change and be able to demonstrate a track record of innovation and improvement.
In addition, you will have responsibility for:
- Day to day management of the finance department and year end closure of accounts process
- Develop a strategic view on the long-term requirements for the finance team
- Crating a short term & long term financial strategy
- The direction for the capital budget and strategic asset management
- Develop the IT team and deliver infrastructure change to support transformation change
- Manage at a political level cabinet and committee members
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced interim to make a real difference. The successful candidate will also have detailed understanding of the HRA particularly managing expenditure and income on running the council's housing stock. You will also be able to demonstrate appropriate leadership skills to deliver large scale restructure.
If you a commercially minded finance professional who is passionate about developing & leading consistently high performing finance teams to help meet business objectives, we would love to hear from you.