Chief Digital Officer
- Huge innovation and transformation opportunity
- Opportunity to disrupt a legacy business in a legacy market
About Our Client
Our client is an ambitious UK subsidiary backed by a Global Fortune 500 organisation. They have the autonomy and initiative to exploit the latest technologies and innovation, complemented by the resources and support of the global business. This role is pivotal in to achieving that objective.
The ambition of our client is twofold, firstly to exploit the latest retail Ecommerce innovation to improve customer experience, retention and sales in their retail business.
Secondly, to identify new investment opportunities and business models to be able to develop and diversify their commercial offerings to a wider range of customers, both consumers and corporate.
Locations include London (City or West), Northern Home Counties or Manchester.
As Chief Digital Officer (CDO), reporting into the Managing Director, you will be responsible for both innovation and shaping and delivering the digital strategy of the organisation.
- You will make digital integral to business strategy. As this is a new role, you will be building the digital strategy from the ground up.
- You will make the customer the centre of the universe. Our client operates in a saturated sector of the retail market where legacy business processes still drive the digital agenda.
- Your role will be responsible for transforming the core business to obsess about the customer. This will be an enterprise wide transformation to change behaviours, processes and technology.
- You will be responsible for harnessing innovative new routes to market and, potentially, new markets. Our client's primary business is retail, however, their ambition is not limited to their current market or business model. A key facet of this role will be looking externally for opportunities to innovate and future proof the business.
- These could include, but are not limited to, investing in new technology partners, competitor acquisitions, vertical investments in their supply chain, strategic alliances externally and with other businesses in the wider global group.
- Areas of interest include connected devices/IoT, recycling technology and artificial intelligence, automation and mobility solutions.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the role of Chief Digital Officer, the successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following competencies and experience:
- Defined, delivered and owned the digital strategy at an enterprise level in a complex organisation
- An impressive track record of delivering a number of full lifecycle digital transformations - post merger integration would be highly advantageous but not essential.
- Experienced in implementing successful Ecommerce strategies in the retail sector with demonstrable experience of improving CX and increasing in-store sales
- Automotive sector experience would be advantageous
- Be current with the latest digital innovations and credible at an in-depth technology level
Leadership and Stakeholder Management:
- The CDO will have held senior leadership corporate positions and have the influence to lead and inspire teams.
- Proven at effectively managing a diverse range of senior stakeholders (Board and investor level) in a matrix environment
- High emotional intelligence and be experienced in managing internal and external multi-cultural stakeholders. Experience of managing Japanese stakeholders would be advantageous.
- As a proven leader, they will have been instrumental in advising Boards on digital and technology investment decisions e.g. M&A, strategic partnerships, investing in technology start-ups, entry to new markets, new product development, etc.
- They will be financially literate and experienced in owning capex and opex budgets.
- As this is a new role, the candidate will need to be resilient, accountable and comfortable working autonomously.
- Initially this will be a lean operation so the candidate must be willing to be hands on to get strategies defined and deliver early projects. A can-do attitude is essential, ideally gained from delivering change across both large corporate and small-to-medium size organisations.
What's on Offer
Chief Digital Officer
£150,000 - £200,000+ package & benefits
Role can be based in London (City or West), Manchester or Northern Home Counties
Flexible working is encouraged due to travel to UK sites and suppliers / potential partners.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE14021348Z
Apply for Chief Digital Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly